Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
greetings , is there anyone here using aftermaket valve covers? i would like to get rid of the bailing wire clip type ,something that bolts on securely.

cheers beerchug.gif

Robin givemebeer.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 14 2006, 02:41 PM) *

greetings , is there anyone here using aftermaket valve covers? i would like to get rid of the bailing wire clip type ,something that bolts on securely.

cheers beerchug.gif

Robin givemebeer.gif

so you'd rather have more leaking oil eh???

CB Performance if you think you are "improving" things screwy.gif biggrin.gif
URY914
Robin, I have a nice set of bolt ons. See the pic. They're real handy because you don't need to change your oil again. Just add oil.

PORobinSCHE
okay.... blink.gif I get the message ,thru your subtle humor laugh.gif . i'll keep what i have>

BTW Paul when would you like me to come get that right door?

robin type.gif
URY914
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 14 2006, 04:39 PM) *

okay.... blink.gif I get the message ,thru your subtle humor laugh.gif . i'll keep what i have>

BTW Paul when would you like me to come get that right door?

robin type.gif

I'm home tomorrow afternoon.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I had bolt-on valve covers for my VW (aluminum and finned). For several years (like, 10 or so). I liked the look and mine never leaked so long as I used new O-rings on the studs every time I put the covers back on (O-ring then hold down nut) and cork valve cover gaskets. But it gets to be a real pain when removing the cover takes longer than the actual valve adjustment! mad.gif

I finally got tired of the wrenching and went back to stock valve covers and bails. Yeah, not as purdy lookin' but much quicker and easier valve adjustments now wink.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Interesting, I see the T4 holes for the studs are offset whereas the T1/T3 are more centered in the vertical axis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.