Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: El Toro Auto-X Nov 19th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveinOC
PCA Orange Coast Region is holding another auto-X
at the old El Toro Marine Corp Air Station Nov 19th.

Last event attracted over 130 entrants. The number
of entrants for this upcoming event will be held at
80, so get your registration in early.

It would be great to have a big turnout of the 914
contingent.

For more info and registration go to, www.pca.ocr.org
click on autocross information and then click on
registration.

Steve, #131CS driving.gif
kdfoust
QUOTE(steveinOC @ Oct 14 2006, 09:26 PM) *

PCA Orange Coast Region is holding another auto-X
at the old El Toro Marine Corp Air Station Nov 19th.

Last event attracted over 130 entrants. The number
of entrants for this upcoming event will be held at
80, so get your registration in early.

It would be great to have a big turnout of the 914
contingent.

For more info and registration go to, www.pca.ocr.org
click on autocross information and then click on
registration.

Steve, #131CS driving.gif

Hey Steve. I'm in for this one. I might even have the 915 (Wevo, Guard) installed by then...power to the ground for the 3.2 my friend.

Later,
Kevin
alexx19
OK - I know I'm setting myself up for this so let the trash talking begin... drunk.gif

HERB - are you out there?

Let me know if any of you 914 guys are going and I'll ask Steve permission to bring my lowely little Fiat to show you all how a 102HP (now 116 after switching to FI, getting rid of the water pump, getting rid of the alternator, new head, new cam, etc.) can kick 914 butt up one side of the street and down the other.

Isn't it funny how powerful (and cocky) 14HP can make you feel?!?!? LOL!

So who all is going to come out and pop my Italian balloon?

Peace out.

--> Alex (1974 Fiat X1/9 driver and master motivator)

PS Yes, I know I started the trash talking so I guess I'm telling myself to begin. confused24.gif
hmeeder
Hey Alex

14hp may not sound like much, but when you consider that you increased your hp by about 13%, that's something a person would notice! Especially in a 1400 lb car! How the hell can your Italian beer can function without a water pump? Probably electric, but your post pretty much only had you taking stuff off. I'd have been ashamed of some of that stuff under hood too!

I may actually show for that one. Sundays really work well for me. I have heard some rumours as to some changes in the way the event is run. I'm eager to see the improvements.

Even though Kevin has a 944 in his avatar, you may remember his car as the metallic green 914 when we ran several months ago.

As for trash talk, well, the timing lights don't lie. It sounds like you are approaching something close to mechanical parity but the loose screw behind the wheel may still need adjusting, eh?

Give Steve a shout and state your case. I think he's interested in increasing the Porsche participation, but they may not yet be at a place where they can make it exclusively a p-car event.
steveinOC
Entry list is half full already. Limited to eighty cars, so get your entry in
ASAP.

Herb, should be much better the last event at El Toro with 130+ entries.

Kevin, wondered what you were up to when I didn't see you at Hollywood Park.
Can't wait to see how the 915 and LSD effect your times.

Alex, 116hp and only 1400 lbs, take that thing to a go cart track.

Steve
alexx19
QUOTE(steveinOC @ Oct 19 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Steve

Herb was exagerating. It's actually 1,650 lbs. but I'm still eager to have a chance to see how close I can get to Herb now that I've got a big monster motor.

Actually, I'm lying. I'm anxious to make up for being beaten by Herb last time. mueba.gif

I'll put my name on the list just in case you don't fill up with P-cars.

--> Alex (former P-car driver)
kdfoust
QUOTE(steveinOC @ Oct 19 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Entry list is half full already. Limited to eighty cars, so get your entry in
ASAP.

Herb, should be much better the last event at El Toro with 130+ entries.

Kevin, wondered what you were up to when I didn't see you at Hollywood Park.
Can't wait to see how the 915 and LSD effect your times.

Steve

Yeah, broke a CV at SDR AX so Herb was spared once again... chowtime.gif It's too bad, the car is just starting to feel driveable to me. I went TTing at Spring Mountain in '44 the same weekend as the Hollywood Park event. I've got replacement CVs now so I could put the car back online with the 901, BUT, I'd rather bring it back with the LSD 915. burnout.gif

Later,
Kevin

Alex: What kind of madman are you? No ALTERNATOR!? No Water Pump!? Leaf blower engines are definitely non-compliant in the PCA no matter how many you install!
poke.gif

jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif What time the gates open; I want to come out and watch. What exit you take and where is the entrance. Been in the area many times, but not familiar what part of the base it's on.

Thanks,

Jim
hmeeder
El Toro Directions

I think last time the track went hot at 9 am.

Come on out and watch me kick Kevin and Alex's collective asses. For some reason they believe mechanical voodoo is going to solve the real problem which, of course, are their feeble attempts at the wheel of cars well beyond their skillset.

There, I said it.

Check out El Toro on Google Earth. You can see the remnants of several autocrosses and car tests. Kinda cool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.