Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non factory backpads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I am looking to ditch the factory backpad. I have an idea of what I want to do but before I get started, what have others done? Post 'em if you got 'em. Thanks in advance.
TINCAN914
What you got in mind? I would be interested in seeing what others have done, or are considering.
PORobinSCHE
i'd like to carpet my backpad area, however, 71 has the passenger seat intergrated in the pad. so, whatever i do will include buying a seat(or seats).. mad.gif
JPB
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 15 2006, 12:42 PM) *

i'd like to carpet my backpad area, however, 71 has the passenger seat intergrated in the pad. so, whatever i do will include buying a seat(or seats).. mad.gif

Got the same deal and I kinda like that look of the early setup but going the other way I'd get two racing seats and black paint for the back pad.

beer.gif Less is more ovaheea.
toon1
I am going to make a custom back pad and center console using blue construction foam as a mold. I plan on fiberglassing over the foam and leaving the foam in the backpad for sound unsulation. I will be poating pics. when I start the project.
Lou W
Here are some ideas;
turboman808
I just covered the wall with leather. It didn't work so well. The summer heat melted the glue and it just peeled off. Plus it lets alot of engine noise in the car. I'm gonna have to make a cutout to fit in there and staple or sew the leather to it.
rtalich
How about some non-factory dash pics as well. Need ideas...
ClayPerrine
I took my factory back pad to the upholstry shop, and they determined that it was so far gone that they made molds with it. Then they laid up fiberglass and made a new structure to support the recovered backpad. The only thing they saved from the factory part was the clips to hold it to the wall.

It looks stock, but it's not...

Click to view attachment
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 15 2006, 03:50 PM) *

I took my factory back pad to the upholstry shop, and they determined that it was so far gone that they made molds with it. Then they laid up fiberglass and made a new structure to support the recovered backpad. The only thing they saved from the factory part was the clips to hold it to the wall.

It looks stock, but it's not...

Click to view attachment

that looks like mucho dineros!!!
xitspd
Just had this done by Dave B. at TRE Motorsports!

Dan
Aaron Cox
hmm... i think i am going to ditch mine now too......

i like that car up there with the scheels...without the headrests....

bad idea when you donthave a helmet ... and you run a harnessbar...
MoveQik
You guys rock. Thanks for the pics. beerchug.gif
Howard
Clay, that looks like Z's interior. Very sharp. Mine is like Dan's, just carpeted. I use foil insulation on firewall for heat and those pesky gamma rays from UFO's.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 15 2006, 06:56 PM) *

Clay, that looks like Z's interior. Very sharp. Mine is like Dan's, just carpeted. I use foil insulation on firewall for heat and those pesky gamma rays from UFO's.

Mine has dynamat extreme with the foil coating behind the back pad. Will that stop the UFO mind probes??? And the seats in the picture have been traded out for recovered factory 914 seats. But the color scheme is the same.

Howard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 15 2006, 05:02 PM) *

Mine has dynamat extreme with the foil coating behind the back pad. Will that stop the UFO mind probes???

Yes, but it obviously didn't protect Uranus finger.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 15 2006, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 15 2006, 05:02 PM) *

Mine has dynamat extreme with the foil coating behind the back pad. Will that stop the UFO mind probes???

Yes, but it obviously didn't protect Uranus finger.gif

You really need to see someone about your unhealthy obsession with Uranus!
Howard
w00t.gif
Ray Warren
Not a very good pic, but here's mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.