Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What shade of yellow is fastest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
I had the car running over the summer so I could AX a little and get a feel for how it handles...and I love it. Now its time to get it so I'm not embarassed to drive it. I would like a basic (pure) yellow but not too bright. I'm thinking of Saturn yellow. Is there anyone in the south bay area with a saturn yellow that I could check out before ordering paint. I've been to McMark's color thread (thanks Mark) but I don't trust the colors on the monitor. I would like to see one in person. Will I be banished from the club if I choose a narp color?

Thanks,
Bill C.
Joe Bob
Chrome yellow.....

Contact Rich Johnson...he has a nice one....

a914guy@aol.com
MoveQik
QUOTE(Borderline @ Oct 15 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Will I be banished from the club if I choose a narp color?

Thanks,
Bill C.

I hope not! Mine is a Lexus yellow, used on the 2002 IS300. Probably not a true enough yellow for you if you are leaning towards Saturn Yellow, however.

Check my blog if you need pics.
MoveQik
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 15 2006, 08:45 AM) *

Chrome yellow.....

Contact Rich Johnson...he has a nice one....

a914guy@aol.com

smiley_notworthy.gif smiley_notworthy.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
Borderline
According to Mark's paint color page, saturn yellow is the same as chrome yellow...L13M blink.gif
J P Stein
This is a slam dunk:
Sunflower yellow.
*WARNING*.......this is THE prefered landing strip for all flying insects.
Joe Ricard
Don't know which YELLOW IS FASTEST so I have 4 different shades on the red neck racer.
I wasn't taking any chances
JPB
Keep the hell away from lemon yellow inless you wanna see it on jackstand all the time!!

beer.gif
Lou W
Rich Johnson's car;
bottomend
Be sure you view it in all different sorts of lights ( sunlight, dull light, shawdow ect) because the green and white content can change dramatically depending upon the direct intensity of the light.
JPB
Banana yellow for good times piratenanner.gif , nudge nudge, wink wink, know what i mean, know what I mean, good times mueba.gif rocking nana.gif The shocker!

beer.gif I prefer golden yellow
JPB
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 15 2006, 12:11 PM) *

This is a slam dunk:
Sunflower yellow.

More pics please of that rambone banana yellow Chalon hipped beast of love!!!

beer.gif I'm thinking of doing that myself only in red and carbon fiber.
J P Stein
Well.........since you asked so nicely. biggrin.gif
Varing light conditions.
Borderline
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 15 2006, 09:46 AM) *

Rich Johnson's car;

Wow That is nice!! I don't think mine will ever look as nice as that. My plan is to try to eventually build some lite weight doors, and deck lids and prably buy some f/g bumpers for AX'ing. this is going to be a work in progress. I just want to pick out a color and get rid of the primer!
JPB
Awsome! smilie_pokal.gif
Mountain914
In honor of the banner mine is pure yellow. Glasurit 21 Line Toner Yellow.
But you're right - you have to see these for yourself.
toon1
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Oct 15 2006, 09:27 AM) *

Don't know which YELLOW IS FASTEST so I have 4 different shades on the red neck racer.
I wasn't taking any chances

I wasn't taking any chances!!! av-943.gif
Borderline
Here's what i'm working from. Actually this photo makes it better than it really is!!!

The car has been repainted at least once with very cheap paint. the oragne has veins of white running through it and the bumper tops look like crap. I started working on the driver's door and front and rear deck lids before I moved. The drivers door is painted a non-matching signal orange. The deck lids are still in primer. I just couldn't wait to drive it. I figured it is going to be a fair weather car, so I should drive it during the summer months and work on it during the winter months. I also have to build an engine this winter...but that will be another thread.

Thanks for all the input,

Bill C.
HeloMech
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 15 2006, 09:11 AM) *

This is a slam dunk:
Sunflower yellow.

agree.gif

My car is claimed by the PO to be corvette yellow and flying bugs LOVE this stuff for some reason. I guess they think it's a giant flower er something. I will now refer to it as YumYum Yellow.
J P Stein
If you're gonna AX, do some long term thinkin' about tires.....ie: gettin' big'uns under the fenders. You prolly want to do any flaring before your new paint job, eh?
Looks like Meuller is gonna do it (or have it done, the candy ass biggrin.gif ) so you can follow along.
Winter is comming along. Time to beat the crap outta your car & wait for nice weather to paint.
dekman
What is that original color? Tangerine ??? If you must go yellow....go "Canary yellow"(L11E). But the best color is of course "Tangerine"(L21E).
Howard
Simple, yet elegant. Chic, but not gaudy. Good nose, fruity character. Vintage 2002 VW 'Mello Yello'.

Borderline
The original color was Tangerine (L21E)...

Something is wrong with my computer and/or browser its not displaying all the images.....very upsetting

I've been looking at the new VW beetle colors and they also have a Sunflower Yellow out now.

Sammy
I think turbo yellow is a good color .............

Lou W
Can't see too much yellow in that first picture. biggrin.gif
Howard
Here's a few more choices, but I don't have the color codes.

Lou W
blink.gif How about yellow with tan stripes or thin white stripes. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 15 2006, 09:11 AM) *

This is a slam dunk:
Sunflower yellow.

agree.gif My first one was sunflower yellow - I used to call it the Neon Dafodil. Probably worth 2.5-3 hp.
1bad914
The left car is L13m Saturn yellow, the right car is New Beetle yellow or Gelb. I painted both of these, in person I like the Saturn Yellow better.
Borderline
Howard:
Do I really get to choose? That first one looks like sunflower yellow to me! Where's the yellow in the second photo?

1bad914: Nice work! They both look good. Thanks for the comparison. That's what I was looking for. The New Beetle yellow looks just a little washed out to me. I think its going to be Saturn Yellow L13M.
pbanders
Here's my car's take on yellow:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.