Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honk your horns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
Are both of the horns the same pitch? I noticed they have different part numbers. Neither of mine worked. Where is a good place to buy them?

Are both of the horns the same pitch? I noticed they have different part numbers. Neither of mine worked. Where is a good place to buy them?

I'm tried of dodging people on the road with no means of responding! lol
jsteele22
QUOTE(chris914 @ Oct 15 2006, 12:28 PM) *

I'm tried of dodging people on the road with no means of responding! lol

Usually car horns come in two different pitches. Makes 'em even more annoying.

Usually car horns come in two different pitches. Makes 'em even more annoying.

There's nothing super Porsche-specific about horns, just the mounting and the connector, so without too much fuss you can use horns from just about any 12V car.
JPB
Ahh, horns are so passive agressive; you need to take it manualy finger.gif

beer.gif
McMark
You can take the horns apart and clean them to make them work. There is also a pitch adjustment. wink.gif
eg914
For new horns go to your local VW shop. Ask for the high and low tone horns, 335Hz and 400Hz. Both horns make you VERY audible smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.