Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Purchase Theory
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ClayPerrine
Yesterday we ended up talking about what we found in our 914s when we bought them... And I was told a there was a theory that you would find 78 cents in change and a condom in your 914.

I found a bunch of change.

Betty found a ticket for driving left of center.

What have you found?

914forme
A dead fish and an living ant hill! Plus change, never counted it, still finding it.
RogerYellow914
The car was really clean when I bought it. But, when I did a deep detail I found some change, match books, a empty cigarette pack and an old proof of insurance.

-Roger
Aaron Cox
impound ticket from 1986
lots of change
a few parking tickets
a cricket,
a little rust,
a blank check,
and a pair of holes in the floorpan from where DAPO thought he needed to do harnesses (wrong way to do it)
Twystd1
I found a complete canton pre-oiler system in one car.

Bunches of NEW nos rubber in another.

Found a sex toy in one. (new in wrapper) REALLY.

Tons of change.

Got a free set of 40mm webers in another.

5 spare Padrinis.

xtra short block in a front trunk.

GeeZzzzz.... The list goes on forever.

The more cars ya buy and sell... The more goodies ya find...........

Twystd1
blitZ
Dead mouse and about 14 cents.
Howard
A treasure map. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 15 2006, 07:02 PM) *

A treasure map. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

What did the pirate say about the steering wheel in his pants???

"Arrr... It's driving me nuts!"

hijacked.gif

Hey.. I hijacked my own thread!!!! biggrin.gif
itsaporsche914
drugs, lithium er 450 mg, and a beer opener (old school)
dmenche914
Bunch of change, an empty cassette case, and some business cards. The worst thing I found was after we pulled the motor, the pretty "rust free" area under the battery was patched over with some thin galvinized sheet, and bondo, all shapped and sanded to look perfect, digging deeper showed the motor mount rusting thru fromt eh battery acid (on inside).

one heck of a repair to get it right. Had to get the motor mount bracket from germany Porsche, was told they only had seven left, guess they are down to six now. a nasty hidden surprise!

Of course my first 914, when i bought it I was told the engine was shot, the tranny dead. Got it all working in a matter of days, got about 70,000 miles out of that engine and tranny untilt he car got wrecked. A running engine and tranny was a nice surprise! Just needed a tune up, a couple FI pieces, and new shift bushings.

kind of off the topic, but I bought a 58 Ghia and found a bunch of Japanese Yen stuffed in the back seat. it was like a zillion Yen or something, thought I hit the jackpot, until I found the exchange rate made it worth a couple bucks, oh well.
type4org
No condom or change (darn!) in mine, but...

- a VW parts baggie with 8 new lug bolt plastic covers

- the business card of a SoCal CB radio shop that had installed the CB radio system in the car in the late 70s(and a very nice install it is, it just doesn't work!)

- the auction purchase receipt for when the PO bought it at auction in 2001 for $7400 with a note that it had 23,074 miles then (when I bought it this July it had 24,500 miles)

- a brand new spare key with an original-looking card showing the numeric key cut code
PORobinSCHE
i found a business car of a fellow in Virginia,who wanted to buy the car. i sent him an email letting the gent know all the issues he couldn't see. he never asked me if i wanted to sell the vehicle huh.gif
Bleyseng
tons of huge pine needles.....guess it had been parked on Eastern Wash for awhile under a tree.
IronHillRestorations
My second 914, I got in 1978 had roaches in the ashtray, and not the bug kind. Of course at the time........

I had a one that I drove for about a year, and parked it to do a full restoration. Found a .7 carat marquis solitare diamond ring in the center tunnel!! High quality ring too. Funny thing is that right after I got the car I tried to research old ownership and came up empty.

A Snap On 6" 1/2 drive extension.

Craftsman 8/10mm box end wrench

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 15 2006, 07:37 PM) *

Found a .7 carat marquis solitare diamond ring in the center tunnel!! High quality ring too.

So that's where you got your wife's engagement ring???? poke.gif
Dr. Roger
i found most of the paperwork from all the previous owners. several AAA receipts. LOL

2 "clubs".

and a mostly spent joint in the ash tray.

Bebe sat in someones garage for 3 years due to what looks like, by the receipt, lack of a tuneup.

jim_hoyland
Found a stubby phillips head screwdriver at the bottom of the fan housing. I think the PO thought the engine was ready to break up and thought he would make a quick sale before she blew...
Lou W
We found a couple used hypodermic needles that had fallen under the seats in my friends 914. blink.gif Yikes
Joe Bob
Three times I found baggies of "green"....a rolled up 100 bill, a valid credit card, a little black book....with "stars" after the bimbos name, tetracyline bottle, a Health Dept warning, a vial of rock, snow seal bindles (empty)......hey I'm in CA....
GWN7
A USMC money clip...........

Someone told me they found a gun in theirs (how could you forget where you stashed a gun?)
JPB
I found the cool shades i had on on my old avatar, the past owner's insurance papers and no floor under the carpets.

beer.gif
shelby/914
Brand new key under the carpet in with the wiring harness. Teeth are very sharp like it was almost never used. Great find as it works trunk and glove box. and none of my other keys do. They must have been copied from a valet key. clap56.gif
Rider914
Not a 914 but,

I found a door key under the rear seats of my high school trans-am - funny thing was it didn't match the key that I had but would open the door.

I then tried it in a fiero and it worked, another same year trans-am also opened the door . . .

Never used it for unlawful entry! what is the statute of limitations?
nomore9one4
I found Jimmy Hoffa ph34r.gif
GaroldShaffer
Let's see.......

I have had two drivers and about 10 parts cars over the last 15yrs. The two best things was complete set of Craftsman metric sockets (3/8 drive) with rachet and a nice outdoor car cover. Lots of change, watch, bag of marbles confused24.gif , a bra (tag said 38 D), two $20 bills, and a bunch of other little things. Oh, and a copy of divorce papers from 1978.
jd74914
Nothing interesting . . . a learn german tape, some weird ass tapes from the 80s, a few $$s in change, a buick fuel injection emblem barf.gif

When I started taking it apart I found pieces of the factory tool kit under the gas tank blink.gif and some sparkplugs under the engine tin WTF.gif
cooltimes
A German coin under the seat where the seat belt electrical wires connected. I think I still have it around here in a cigar box with other treasures/junk somewhere. Also a silver looking hand warmer that looked like a big cigarette lighter. Fill it with fuel, light the wick, put cap back on and hands are cozy warm. Made in occupied Japan stamped on the hand warmer.
Almost always, well used Haynes manuals well laden with oily fingerprints. A repair and new parts bill for $1500 from a Porsche repair shop. Still confused why it never was driven after that.

MikeCool
KELTY360
My first one had an NOS owners manual, full tool kit and unused spare tire. Then again, it was a new car. biggrin.gif

My last one had an NOS MPS and a bunch of other parts - not all POs are DA.
So.Cal.914
Half a dozen blown fuses, .32 cents in change, new bushings for the trailing arms,

very little rust but enough dirt to grow corn.

Hammy
I found a pair of original keys in the front fender wheel well hanging from some wire. In plain view with the wheels off, can't believe after nearly 2 years having the car and how long i've had the wheels off, along with brake bleeding, I never saw them until my dad pointed 'em out. huh.gif Looked like they'd been there a long, long time.
Russ
Lets see....a bunch of rust and a passenger seat full of parts.
Russ dry.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I found in the center console box in the pocket.
1. Title from PO.
2. Bill from porsche shop for shifter bushings instillation.
3. Bill from company that did $10,000 worth restoration work 4 yr. before.
that led to calling them and being ask if i would be interested in a full set
of pictures of the restoration. OH YA.
4. Ins. papers

slap.gif Dave
toon1
I found that it took a lot of work, and way more $$$ to get it going than I expected, and some change, maybe a buck!!

I also found that I love the car so it was worth it. wub.gif
TonyAKAVW
I found a drill bit that seems to have been a factory tool. As far as I could tell the car had never been repainted, and the drill bit was stuck in the engine bay under body colored paint.

-Tony
turboman808
I found the fire extinguisher was suddenly not there but was when I test drove it dry.gif

I did find a dime bag in my spitfire but my friends took it from me.
william harris
When I removed the driver's side headlight assembly I found a folded up piece of paper, opened it and it was a receipt from 1985 from North Hollywood Speedometer for repairs the instrument. Inside the fresh air/heater box I found a 1989 parking ticket from LA. Must have fallen down inside the vent. blink.gif
mskala
In a previous -4, under the headlight bucket I found a strip of negatives showing the car in process of paint.

In my -6, I found a humongous mouse nest under passenger seat, and a quarter.
Crazyhippy
A NOS windshield targa seal, still in the bag biggrin.gif

BJH
TravisNeff
Dog food. And lots of it.

laugh.gif
Qball
Mouse nest in the hell hole and another in the glove box where the little critters chewed up half the owners manual. huh.gif
gopack
her is what i found

Looks like $1.13
scrz914
My first 914 had lots of change. In the trunk it had a set of used calipers, lots of nuts and washers, and guess what...the infamous bag of condoms.
rmital
...stocking well hidden under the headlight bucket. (the area where the drain tube goes thru).

was vacuming all the rust flakes outa there then fump...clogged the hose.
Steve Thacker
I found mary-j-wanna in mine stuffed under the dash. At least a dime bag.
I didn't inhale OK maybe just once biggrin.gif
Mamacita
John found his disconnected, uninstalled speedometer.

I found the Hayne's Manual and the registration. Both were very clean from the getgo inside (and mine is clean on the outside, too...pretty little car).

Nothing unusual in mine....unless "nothing" is unusual.
Stacie
rjames
Found the ever popular change (about 78 cents worth- told the wife when I first bought it: "See, it's a great investment- it's paying for itself already!!" That was of course before I had to go out and spend $450 on a welder to fix the rust issues that I found later...)

-one rusted wrench under the gas tank
-paperwork for all of the previous work done to the car including oil changes from day 1 and the eventual engine rebuild. NO details though- just the receipt and the words 'rebuilt engine'. I do know they went to hydraulic lifters, but that's about it.

cooltimes
I forgot to mention something else I found in the 914.
Lots of friendship.

mikeCool
john grier
When I bought my green one back in the mid 90's
I had to swap the seats as he had each on the wrong side,
What I found was a few small tools, a cassete tape of the
greatest hits of Paul Revere and the Raiders, and
Most importantly
Medical records that the po was an inmate in the nut house.
Proof that all 914 owners are crazy.
Allan
When I got mine, I found about 8 cents in change dry.gif , a club w/key, a briefcase with receipts dating all the way back to the original purchase and a hole under the passenger seat...
914rat
In my 74 2.0 ,a pair of crutches,some laundry,a sterling silver mug with about $1.47 in change,some fuses,several checkbooks all blank.I feel cheated, no condoms, and no marijuanna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.