Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having trouble with carb linkage and accel. cable setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I've set my carbs up just by looking at other pictures, but don't really know if it's right.
My trouble is, I seem to have too much throttle cable. (?) When I push the gas pedal down, it doesn't pull the carbs to fully open, only probably about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to adjust.

See attached pic... Do I need to fabricate another throttle bracket or somehow move my current bracket back?; Wouldn't that give allow me to get rid of the slack in the cable and open the carbs all the way? confused24.gif Or is there something I can adjust ?

TIA
Matt Romanowski
It looks like you just have to pull the end tighter were it mounts to the crossbar, although it also looks like you will then be on the *cable* portion, not the solid rod. If that is the case, then you need to either move the bracket or possibly turn it around to get it farther from the crossbar.
Aaron Cox
that bracket is for BUSSES..... and isnt optimal on a 914...

flip the linkage aroud to the front of the carbs... (brackets switchsides... and now the arm will pull from the top)

then make a throttle braket that picks up large hole on fan shroud...

3/16 or 1/4 steel flat stock with 2 bends and a hole... (bend it in your vice)

i have a pic in my blog...

or you can look at how dave at triad does his at triadwestperfomance.com
Hammy
Thanks guys.

Matt- You're right. It's right on the edge of the rod part at the end of the cable. If I pulled it forward any more it would be on the cable part.

Aaron- I'll try your idea. I need to switch the carbs around in order to put the linkage in the front, right?
Aaron Cox
NO... (you could.. but why?)

take the brackets and linkage off the top of the carbs and swap them side to side... (left side now on right, and right now on left)
HeloMech
this is a pic of the way mine is hooked up.
I copied this layout from Linda's engine with the same configuration from Joe.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.