Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 is a fun drift car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Found a empty parking lot last night and burned up my tires. Learned I could turn the wheel and press the gas pedal and spin til I'm dizzy HAHA This car sure is fun.
Andyrew
Drifting is much different than spinnin it!!

short wheelbase and drift = bad combo...

I can hang my ass end around a corner like nothing, but thats from the apex on.. earlyer than that and it wants to come around on me..
sean_v8_914
my car drifts very well if I induce drift. it is not the asftest way around. a well balanced 914 will throttle steer perfectly. if your car "wants to come around" you might want to dial out some of that over steer.
jsteele22

I took my teener on a twisty dirt road in the mountains, advisory sppeds (yellow signs) were like 20 MPH. Awesome response to throttle around every turn. When I got back, I had a 1/4" layer of dust on everything in the engine bay. Oops ! It sure was fun, though.
RS22b
drifting is fun.

Nate i will have to take you out in my rally car when it snows.
turboman808
QUOTE(RS22b @ Oct 16 2006, 08:11 AM) *

drifting is fun.

Nate i will have to take you out in my rally car when it snows.

I grew up in the country. We didn't have paved roads and everything was a rally car back then biggrin.gif

Amazing how many fences and ditches we ended up in. Thankfully good old american steel just plowed thru everything. Cops also didn't come out there so we drove at 12 and 13. How no one got killed is beyond me.
RS22b
Here is a pic from a winter rally-x, but this stuff is done on the streets too when it snows!

IPB Image

IPB Image

_billy
turboman808
I ordered winter tires for my civic that are slightly oversized. I wonder how that will do. Not a awd but should be fun piratenanner.gif

Do you need to run studs to get it to go around corners?
Sammy
My first 914 (1971 1.7, purchased by me in 1978) drifted into a tree. That's wasn't fun at all.
Lou W
QUOTE(Sammy @ Oct 16 2006, 01:28 PM) *

My first 914 (1971 1.7, purchased by me in 1978) drifted into a tree. That's wasn't fun at all.

laugh.gif

I see this thread "drifting away" biggrin.gif
RS22b
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 16 2006, 11:47 AM) *

I ordered winter tires for my civic that are slightly oversized. I wonder how that will do. Not a awd but should be fun piratenanner.gif

Do you need to run studs to get it to go around corners?

did you order winter tires or snow tires. There is a difference.

If you are looking for a great tire for snow, Blizzak WS-50's are amazing. you wont have any problem turning with those things. No studs. We arent allowed to use studs in the US for rallying.

_billy
orange914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 15 2006, 10:16 PM) *

Found a empty parking lot last night and burned up my tires. Learned I could turn the wheel and press the gas pedal and spin til I'm dizzy HAHA This car sure is fun.

your car was.. stock or fixed up?
Andyrew
He's got a good sized six, good trani, good suspension, ect... fixed up is an understatement!
Crazyhippy
Did someone say DONUTS!!!!

Muahahahaha
BJH smiley_notworthy.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Oct 16 2006, 04:31 PM) *

I just got several car mounts so hopefully I can get some nice in car and out of car footage. I returned my camera and I'm ordering a HD camera next week. I kinda want to see an incar donut. Hopefully by the end of next summer I have enough material to put out a DVD. I got the distributors already so it should just be a matter of shooting some really good stuff.

I would like to do something along the lines of Northeast racing. But I got to get my camera skills up to par.
Mueller
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 15 2006, 10:26 PM) *

Drifting is much different than spinnin it!!

short wheelbase and drift = bad combo...

well, luckly the 914 doesn't have a "short" wheelbase smile.gif

look at the specs of the popular drift cars such as 240SX/Silvias and the 914 is only 1" shorter in wheelbase and it has a longer wheelbase than the popular Corollas

In fact the 914 has a wheelbase that is 2" longer than a 944 !!!!

I can hang my ass end around a corner like nothing, but thats from the apex on.. earlyer than that and it wants to come around on me..

Maltese Falcon
Drifting is a no-cost barred autosport also. In the Out-takes of "FF3", the tuner of the orange RX7 Veilside said that he ran out of diffs in the L.A. area after a couple of days of filming sad.gif
Marty
jsteele22
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 16 2006, 06:44 PM) *

I kinda want to see an incar donut.

Dude, in-car donuts are schweet !!! That's the one bad thing about a manual tranny, thoough. Hard to drink coffee at the same time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.