Ferrari's don't make good jackstands blink.gif
orange914
QUOTE(faux916 @ Oct 16 2006, 02:44 PM) *

barf.gif

shows who comes out on top ---ford--- icon_bump.gif

anyways WHAT HAPPENED?

i hope the f150 is o.k. chairfall.gif
Brian Mifsud
That's a really good one. Since the rear left quarter panel on the Ferrari is undamaged, the truck HAD to have been airborne.. yet the ceiling is not terribly damaged in the garage. What LUCK? that it was at the perfect elevation.
nomore9one4
I was trying to figure out which came first, the ford or the ferrari w00t.gif
nomore9one4
I believe the truck was in the garage and the Ferrari came in from underneath confused24.gif
G e o r g e
Whew, at least the scooter made it beerchug.gif
Mountain914
If the Ferrari came in from underneath - one would have to assume they got out the passenger side ? blink.gif But - it looks to me like the front of the truck would have stopped that. I say the car was there first.
Judging by the bricks - something (roof or side of garage) was hit whenever the truck was entering.
But - what could have gotten the truck airborn at such a perfect angle to do no more than slide along the garage ceiling. Maybe papa shouldn't have been trying out junior's new skateboard ramp laugh.gif

Not a pretty picture - but amusing nonetheless !
porschecb
Look at the plates. Like typical garage clutter. biggrin.gif
Demick
From Snopes.com

This picture actually captures the aftermath of an July 2005 accident in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the result of a teenage driver who was distracted by a cell phone and ran his Ford F-150 pickup truck off the road, sending the vehicle airborne and launching it into a garage, where it came to rest atop a Ferrari:
A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. "I was just numb, just real numb," Marts said.
orange914
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 16 2006, 03:05 PM) *

From Snopes.com

This picture actually captures the aftermath of an July 2005 accident in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the result of a teenage driver who was distracted by a cell phone and ran his Ford F-150 pickup truck off the road, sending the vehicle airborne and launching it into a garage, where it came to rest atop a Ferrari:
A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. "I was just numb, just real numb," Marts said.

someone did their homework...lol poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.