Well, Genevieve is finally up & running again. If you'll recall from our previous drama, we replaced the float in the carb, tried to start it only to find that the gear on the starter had come to pieces.

We got the new starter (under warranty) Friday before we left for our family mini-vacation. We had just enough time to start 'er up and run for a while.

We got back this afternoon & started Genevieve up again & it appears that she's still running rich, but she's RUNNING!! I'm THRILLED.

I looked at the pdf file on the Edelbrock website to see about adjusting the mixture and it looks like we might do just as well taking it into a shop & having them do it. We'll have them diagnose the non-functional tach during the same visit.

It was fun calling SpeedSouth to ask about getting my car in (the guy I need to talk to is out until tomorrow). He asked me what kind of car (keep in mind I'm a chick, ok?) and I answered that it's a '73 Porsche 914 with a Chevy V6 and and Edelbrock 1406 performer carb. My husband was sitting there staring at me like he was impressed...the guy on the phone sounded impressed, too. LOL.

I even read a good chunk of the 1406 owners' manual, too, so I know a few of the basics about my carburetor. Too fun to learn all this great stuff!

Just had to share. Unfortunately, the weather is way too gross for a joy ride right now. It's supposed to clear up in a couple days. I'm hoping to go on a little cruise when the kids go back to school on Wednesday.

Stacie