Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hella 500 Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I won some Hella 500 brackets from Rennenmetal and am wondering what Hella lights I am able to use...

Seems like the Hella 500 is a vintage light, and I could be better off with something a little more modern.
Aaron Cox
i have the hella 500 rally lights on my ride....

see my blog. i got the DLEE1967 bumper brackets too...

lights up people like no other...

great for carving up canyons at night....

did you get fog or driving beam? or amber fog?
i ran a 10ga wire from battery to front of car where the relay is... and did it thru the stock harness.....
turboman808
I'd run the FF1000 if you want a modern light. Doing the relays is a must!!! You can run different patterns between the lights also. Haven't tried it myself but a pencil and a driving beam are supposed to be real nice.

If you got a huge chunck of change you can get there xenon kit but it's way over priced if you ask me.
bd1308
AA, i havent gotten anything yet.

I have a #12 wire right now, I guess I could replace it with a #4 for all of my accessories...

but then i'd have to get the 70A alternator at least, or maybe even a higher one...
bd1308
I ran some lights for my bro and used 12ga wire, and used a 30A fuse (since 12ga handles up to 35A)
dlee1967
Are you sure you didn't win those Hella brackets from RennenMetal? Not to take anything away from JWest, but I don't think he sells those. I do know that I sent two sets to FFC for giveaways. They are designed for Hella 500s and instructions should have come with them. DLee

beerchug.gif
bd1308
slap.gif sorry. I'm really embarrassed now. Yep, manilla envelope, right?

That was rennenmetal.

Thanks! They look very sweet, and I wanted to thank you for donating these pieces for teh FFC, I also recieved the 3-guage radio plate too.

dlee1967
Yup, after reviewing the pics, you are holding a JWest flasher and the Hella 500 brackets are from Rennenmetal. Let me know if you need instructions....DLee
bd1308
flasher?

maybe i need to look closer at what i have.

I dont remember getting anything electrical.
dlee1967
It looked like you were holding one of JWest's driving light flasher modules in from of the envelope....If not this can just serve as a plug for one of his great products..... smile.gif

DLee
bd1308
no it was just the brackets i was holding, the envelope was mostly empty when the pic was taken.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.