Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F'ing POs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm not really pissed, but the PO on Luckie's car needs a beating.

It was given a $400ish paint job to spruce it up. I would have purchased it anyway because it's a solid chassis. Now I have a car that has overspray on all the seals. Drips are everywhere and I have a lot of sanding ahead of me to make it right (repaint).

Some of you know that the wipers didn't work. The reason: they were reinstalled, after paint, parked on the passenger side. I pulled down the fuse panel today to have a look. The wiper relay was inop for a very good reason. When I put a good relay on the wiper plug, the wiper motor tried to wipe off the front deck. So obviously, someone tried to operate them previously in that condition and it burned up the relay. Easy to fix, but totally stupid. The wipers are now parked on the driver's side.

The headlight issue was 'fixed' by unplugging the wire from the column that changes the lights from high to low. The switch needs replacing.

The horn relay was inop. Anyone have a couple of relays?

The tail light lenses were siliconed to the housings. Both lenses broke over the force required to remove them. Both tail lights were totally miswired. Fixed now.

I'm sure there will be more, but I'm still happy that the chassis appears to be solid. Perhaps there will be a new thread when I remove the rockers....
Leo Imperial
Send me your address and I'll send you some relays.

BTW - I don't think I am alone when I say this is one of your funniest post ever.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 16 2006, 06:10 PM) *

The wiper relay was inop for a very good reason. When I put a good relay on the wiper plug, the wiper motor tried to wipe off the front deck. So obviously, someone tried to operate them previously in that condition and it burned up the relay. Easy to fix, but totally stupid.

Ferg is much better at washing cars, than operating them poke.gif

av-943.gif
TravisNeff
Sounds bittersweet. But! you won't have anything without a sound foundation.
Series9
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 16 2006, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 16 2006, 06:10 PM) *

The wiper relay was inop for a very good reason. When I put a good relay on the wiper plug, the wiper motor tried to wipe off the front deck. So obviously, someone tried to operate them previously in that condition and it burned up the relay. Easy to fix, but totally stupid.

Ferg is much better at washing cars, than operating them poke.gif

av-943.gif

"Someone" wasn't Ferg. It happened before he had the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.