Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Measuring CO on a catalytic converter car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type4org
The helpful sticker above the relay board on the drivers side in the engine compartment informs me that the correct CO value is 2.0 ±1.0 - and the helpful hint that the value must be measured "upstream of the catalytic converter"/

This is a question for the old-time experts: Did Porsche really expect you to take off the muffler and catalytic converter to measure CO? I can't see a way to do it without disassembling the whole system...
Joe Bob
Bunghole.....stick a probe in there.....upstream from the cat.

AW GAWD,,,,,I said probe and bunghole on the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAaahahahahhahahah, I'm in a Beevus and Butthead sitcom........
type4org
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 16 2006, 11:27 PM) *

Bunghole.....stick a probe in there.....upstream from the cat.

There is an opening somewhere? I didn't notice it... where is it?

Joe Bob
if you have an 02 sensor...yes. Pull the sensor.
McMark
agree.gif wink.gif
ejm
CO test port and cap on the stock exhaust

type4org
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 16 2006, 11:53 PM) *

if you have an 02 sensor...yes. Pull the sensor.

Umh, the O2-sensor is downstream of the catalytic converter. It's screwed into it, but on the downstream side. I saw that last weekend when the exhaust had to come off for a clutch replacement. That can't be the right place...
type4org
QUOTE(ejm @ Oct 17 2006, 06:45 AM) *

CO test port and cap on the stock exhaust

Thanks Ed, the exhaust is stock, I just haven't noticed that particular opening smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.