Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Using guitar talk box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ziggy101
got a new talk box, like the one used by peter frampton and zakk wylde. any tips / tricks to use these things?? thanks
fatlando
like all things with musik, you just go to practice....good luck bro!!
redshift
You plug your amp into it, you put the tube in your mouth, you turn the Marshall to 8-10, and then you clear your sinus.

Do you have a Heil?

M
ziggy101
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 17 2006, 05:35 PM) *

You plug your amp into it, you put the tube in your mouth, you turn the Marshall to 8-10, and then you clear your sinus.

Do you have a Heil?

M

no i was going to, but i went with the banshee instead, because i didnt want to buy mic hookups to use it, and risk damaging my amp with the heil
redshift
Damaging your amp? huh.gif

Never had any trouble with the talk box hurting the amp, but I have burned up the drivers with a Marshall Major.

M
jimtab
I thought those things were called "bags"...Peter Frampton sucks....sucked? Give me 60s soul music.....
scottz0369
Call your dentist and get your fillings checked on a regular basis? I seem to recall reading an interview with Joe Walsch years ago about the dental work required from his talk box work.

Betcha you can't get "Rocky Mountain Way" out of your head for the next 24 hours....

Scott

'72 914 1.7
'04 Fender Aerodyne Jazz
Hammy
I talked to another guitarist once who said spit used to fling off from the tube out in the audience when he took the tube from his mouth

aktion035.gif Rock n roll
ahdoman
Hey Ziggy,
I bought one of the Danelectro versions. It works good (although nothing makes up for sheer SPL inside your head cavity like the original). It is a little cumbersome because they have a condensor mic attached to the end of the tube that "listens" to the sound in your mouth. That is then sent back through the pedal to the amp. The nice part is there is no speaker connection so it works well without having to crank your amp (important for us old guys who loose our hearing much quicker). It hooks into you effects chain just like a regular pedal would.
race914
Don't forget Joe Walsh & Mark Andes! My picks for mastery of the talk box!

Saw them both live in a small venue when I lived in Boulder, Co... smoke.gif

QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Oct 17 2006, 05:29 PM) *

got a new talk box, like the one used by peter frampton and zakk wylde. any tips / tricks to use these things?? thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.