Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too much fun tonight!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mamacita
Ok, so John puts his new starter on and we decide to blow the cobwebs out of our cars and take them on a little trek now that the roads aren't doused from the rainstorm today.

So we start up Beauty (Genevieve) and The Beast (Sasquatch) and drive off into the night. We go up the highway to the gas station then we drive back down the highway to our favorite curvy road.

The whole way we have people pulling up to John (who was in front) and then braking to stay even with him so they can gawk. Too fun, right? Ok, so we're at a red light & these three teenage guys roll down the windows sitting next to me and say, "NICE cars!" I tell them thanks & that they're fun little things. They proceed to tell me that there was just a show (on Speed they think) on the whole history of Porsches and that it's so fun to see some old ones on the road.

It was so cool to get the feedback from people.

Oh, I almost forgot. Every person at the gas station stopped at gawked for a bit before going in to pay for their fuel. It was awesome!

Btw, Genevieve is blowing less black smoke than before. We'll still take her in to the shop tomorrow for a look-see, but I'm much less worried about the carb adjustment now than I was before.

I loved going with the wind in my hair, zooming off the lights and around those corners. It brought back a lot of wonderful memories & I'm thrilled that John has a fun car this time around, too, so we can enjoy it together.

Lovin' it!
Stacie
driving.gif
So.Cal.914
Cool Stacie, Enjoy.
Howard
Stacie, great report. Just be careful of leaving two 914's in the garage overnight. They tend to multiply. Ask me how I know biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Where are the Pics?????

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Mamacita @ Oct 17 2006, 09:45 PM) *

Every person at the gas station stopped at gawked for a bit before going in to pay for their fuel. It was awesome!

aktion035.gif biggrin.gif

Same thing for me any time I stop in anywhere. Especially gas stations. It never gets old. It's always great to know that others appreciate your passion, work and sacrifices for these cars.
Heeltoe914
drive it. and love it buddy.
JPB
Sweet story bonita but I'm not shure if I want all that attention unless it was a hot Swedish moma or a sweet Asian chic. Okay, I have a selective desire for attention.LOL

beer.gif Cool story. Enjoy..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.