Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog lights Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srthompson01
My 75 was born fog light free. How difficult ( and expensive ) would it be to install original looking, square, in the bumper fog lamps?

driving.gif
jd66921
QUOTE(srthompson01 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:08 AM) *

My 75 was born fog light free. How difficult ( and expensive ) would it be to install original looking, square, in the bumper fog lamps?

driving.gif

Wiring is easy. All the wires are in place. I found an original foglight switch,
but any SPST switch can be used if you don't want it lighted.

I don't know much about foglights, but there are slotted brackets in the
bumper for any standard foglights. I installed cheapy Harbor freight ones
fora test. THey are plastic,andtherefore too flexible to mount rigidly, but
they work well otherwise. You can choose your own and I think price is
anywhere from $10.00- infinity!

Write ifyou need more info!!

Jeff
boxstr
Only thing on the non fog lite 75-76 bumpers is that there is no tab to mount the bolt to hold the lites in place like there is on the bumpers with foglites already mounted.
CCL
jd66921
There is on mine! Maybe it had some????

Jeff
Brian Mifsud
I was eyeballing the replacement headlamps for the late (last) camaro/firebird ("F body"???) at Autozone. They are roughy 1.5"-2" tall and about 6" wide, but you have to raid a junkyard to get the mountbracket/ connector or make your own. They would be more appropriately used as "driving lights" rather than "fog".

william harris
Hey, if you need a foglight swith (OEM) I got a couple extra. Came with parts cars. One required for every restoration. beerchug.gif
edrotol
QUOTE(srthompson01 @ Oct 18 2006, 04:08 AM) *

driving.gif

I have several sets of very very very very clean 75-76 fog lights with bulbs and harnesses if you are interested.
If you can remove your bumpers (very easy) see if there are tabs to mount fog lights on the steel part of the bumper. If you do you are lucky. If not you then need to fabricate and weld something to hang the fog lights from that very same steel bumper. Assuming your rubber part of the bumper has no fog light openings, it is very easy to use a sharp razor and juist cut around the inner edges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.