Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: toronto area members. help with getting big stuff...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i've got some interest over a couple of large items i'm selling. i know the exspenses with duty and the shipping out of country can be exhorbitant. anyone have a drop box for pickup or know of a nearby bus depot (buffalo is a bit of a hike, but a lovely city when a lake effect hasn't dumped)? if you can help, please send me your phone # and a convinient time to call. it would go so much easier than a gazzilion pms. i'll pay for fuel and a 6er of molson or whatever. the mailing addy is toronto proper. thanks.

k
So.Cal.914
When moving a large amount of "product" the biggest problem is the dogs and the

DEA. I sudjest a false bottom so it will pass a visual inspection and place the

"product" in a air tight container so the smell will not escape and be detected. You

do not want to use the US post because that would make it a Federal offence.

Of course if this was not what you meant and you are moving a dish washer then..

NEVERMIND. smoke.gif

rhodyguy
when shipping *product* thru humbolt and trinity counties you should obey the traffic laws, cut off your dreadlocks, and remove the "c.a.m.p SUCKS!!" sticker off of the back of your vehicle.

k
freezing14
you do not really need anything or any place special, put the stuff in the car , cross the border ( tell the guy you are just in to ship stuff AKA a present) drive to the nearest fedex or UPS store and ship it from there, i do that all the time up here , I live just on the other side of ogdensburg NY , near Ottawa
rhodyguy
i'm not prepared to drive 150 mi (one way) to bc.

K
davep
Unless you want to ship direct to customer, then someone is in for some driving. Toronto to Buffalo is at least a 2 hour drive if not more. Not to mention a 1/2 to 1 hour wait at Customs (each way). Is your customer prepared for that? Will the 'big stuff' fit in their vehicle? We have to deal with this often due to the availabilty of stuff in the US compared to Canada.
mihai914
There will probably no duty on the bumpers if declared as old whatever america bumpers. There will be taxes to be paid and probably brokerage depending who you send them through. The highest brokerage fees come UPS and the sorts, it'S around $20 anyway.

For big items I think the best bet is USPS, they're pretty cheap on large and heavy items, I sent some heat exchangers with Canada Post for $14 cross country.

I think this is up to the buyer to make a call, how much time and gas is he going to spend to save $20 on brokerage and taxes on the DECLARED amount of sale.

There are always ways through some parts of the system...
rhodyguy
i was unsure of the time/distance to buffalo. i'm aware of the hassle driving across the friendship bridge. the fedex rate is not that bad, all considered. as dave stated, the potencial buyer will have to make call. usps $ would be steep given the size, not so much the weight.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.