Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad email me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Brett W
Shoot me an email.
Brad Roberts
You can ask it here!

I'm not scared biggrin.gif

Yes. I can get you on a two car 997 cup team for the next event. My friend Chris out of Atlanta is in need of decent talent. I cant take the time off to travel to all the events.

B
nebreitling
how much $$ (you can pm me). looking at the possibility of buying a few rides in another 2-3 years...

n
Brad Roberts
I was referring to "crew work" but I can also get you some numbers for renting a seat.

Just for reference purposes:

TRG rental GT3RS back in 02 with ALMS at Laguna was 50k+

Rental in a IMSA Challenge 997Cup car is around 20k for one event.

B
Brett W
Yeah I can probably get some time away from my shop to work those gigs. Get me in contact with your buddies.

I would prefer not to mention my plans before I decide if there is a feasible chance to do what i am wondering.
Brad Roberts
just hit "email"

It goes to my 914world.com email address. I check it throughout the day.

B
drew365
FYI: here's a link to a Pelican thread, guy has a GT3R to rent for events on the east coast. Says $5K to $10K. Such a deal!
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=308878
TimT
FYI: here's a link to a Pelican thread, guy has a GT3R to rent for events on the east coast.

Thats our car!!!

Im going to start a thread here and see if there is any interest.
Brad Roberts
Post it on 6speed..

B
nebreitling
5-10k ain't bad at all. even 20k isn't awful if with a few sponsors. 50 is a lot of scrib.
Series9
I wanna play......

Let me get established back in FL first. smile.gif
TimT
Actually I think its on the high side of 10K, then you need to provide insurance, and buy all the consumables.

Kevin is helping us get this endeavor off the ground, and has even lined up a few rentals.

The engine out of this car is really trick. Peter Dawe built a "special" engine. lots-o-tricks. We have just refreshed the engine, and have contacted Dawe for further massaging tips.

We have the ACO/FIA log books, and other logbooks for the car.

Ill find out more this weekend, as Bill and I are going to Indiana, to pick up the new Toterhome and 3 car stacker trailer.

If things go well I may be doing less engineering on bridges, and more on racecars.

Click to view attachment

This pic is from LeMans. We have resprayed the car, and are keeping it in Racers Group Livery. I think this was a second place car.. Ill have to check
TimT
May have been 16th overall or 1st in class, or 20th overall and 5th in class

Ill have to check more closely or ask Kevin if they got a new car between 02, and 03
Brad Roberts
As far as I know.. the teams take delivery of a new car prior to Leman. It is part of the deal with Porsche Motorsports.

I would like to drive a new Cup car. Trying to figure out how to make that happen.

B
TimT
As far as I know.. the teams take delivery of a new car prior to Leman

That was/is my understanding also.

We know the guys that used to crew this car for Kevin. Rich and John Bedell. Rich now works for Flying LIzards, I think John still works for Kevin. Rich worked for us for about 1 1/2 years before reopening his own shop. So we have some pretty good inside knowledge, and set-up help for these cars.

What i find interesting is that even though this is fairly new car, there is already some mystery of when it recieved a non-standard engine, etc.

I just cant wait to get some seat time in this car, though driving our 935 clone I think will still be a more visceral experience.
Brad Roberts
I know of several people who are running DP engines in their GT3RSR's..

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.