Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8 lug conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
Have these left over from a job we did. Front and rear sub-assemblies from a Ford 350 smile.gif Probably a little to big but.......
brant
what does that box weigh in at...?

I'll bet its heavier than my race cars entire unsprung mass
(including tires).. ouch.
ptravnic
How funny! I'm buying a 1988 F-350 beater. Gonna use it for some house refurbishing - hauling things to and fro... If you are looking for a good home for the "left overs" I'll be in Ohio in a few weeks for Thanksgiving... biggrin.gif

-pt
scotty b
ME need Me need!!! Ah jest got mah lift own but ah ain't got me no breaks yet. How much yu say yu wants fer um bubba?
JPB
Sweet mother of my swampy testicles, thats a side if beef there home skillet. Gonna put a Ford 400 in that mudder?

beer.gif Bud, me likes the retrocamo job. As we say in the country, thats the real blang blang there.
scotty b
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 18 2006, 04:25 PM) *

Sweet mother of my swampy testicles, thats a side if beef there home skillet. Gonna put a Ford 400 in that mudder?

beer.gif Bud, me likes the retrocamo job. As we say in the country, thats the real blang blang there.

Ford in a NARP?? you must be out of your mind! I'll be sticking with a piece of fine German engineering in the form of a refined 1.7 litre powerhause thank you ! You can take your (pinky lifting smilie) Ford, as you yanks so proudly call it and shove it up your poop shoot sir! A Porsche is NO place for that sort of redneckery. Hmmmph unsure.gif
JPB
av-943.gif Killer!!!

RICHMOND, we are like neighbours. Hey, I'm not a North American car person myself thus the fine German engineered NARP car. Are you the fella with like 7 914s?

beer.gif FORD= FORGOT on road dead LOL
scotty b
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 18 2006, 04:39 PM) *

av-943.gif Killer!!!

RICHMOND, we are like neighbours. Hey, I'm not a North American car person myself thus the fine German engineered NARP car. Are you the fella with like 7 914s?

beer.gif FORD= FORGOT on road dead LOL

You mean you've actually heard about me ??? Good or bad? Maybe I don't want to know that answer blink.gif I'm down to 4 now. Don't know who you've heard about, but I know of a couple of teeners around here Ive probably had the most of them, next to my former boss who is a bit of an infamous rolleyes.gif Porsche legend around the east coast.
So.Cal.914
I thought you Southern boys were into eight bangers (that's once a day and twice

on Sunday's).

At first this really rubbed against my grain but with time I have become quite

taken by this O/R . Think they would fit?

Click to view attachment

scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:11 PM) *

I thought you Southern boys were into eight bangers (that's once a day and twice

on Sunday's).

Click to view attachment

Oh now you're gonna start the redneck jokes right ?? I think it's bed time for me. Sister gonna get sum luvin' tonight. YEEEEHAAAAWWWW
rhodyguy
my vizsla finds that picture both disturbing and offensive. eva says GRRRR!

k
michaelt55
as does my vizsla Vinnie... screwy.gif
eric914
Amazing how discussions turn. I posted this more as a joke. I guess they would make for interesting red neck racer calipers.

For scale the rotors are 13" dia and the bolt pattern is 7". The break calipers are about 12" long. Each assembly weighs about 125lbs. The sad thing is these will end up in a dumpster eventually. They are engineering samples from Ford and must either be returned or destroyed.
brant
QUOTE(eric914 @ Oct 19 2006, 08:09 AM) *

Each assembly weighs about 125lbs.

Ouch...
so 500lbs total...
Ouch.

after this thread started I was at the chevy dealer yesterday.
they had an F350 opened up that I looked at.
(the thing had 20 or 22inch wheels on it)

seeing that truck in person, just reinforced for me that people do stupid things...
for example using 22inch wheels that necesitate such large running gear all around.

do they really weigh in at 500lbs total?

Mueller
QUOTE(eric914 @ Oct 19 2006, 08:09 AM) *

Amazing how discussions turn. I posted this more as a joke. I guess they would make for interesting red neck racer calipers.

For scale the rotors are 13" dia and the bolt pattern is 7". The break calipers are about 12" long. Each assembly weighs about 125lbs. The sad thing is these will end up in a dumpster eventually. They are engineering samples from Ford and must either be returned or destroyed.

Bummer, those would be nice to have as spares for my in-laws truck

914forme
So how close is the teener to being done? The Ford brakes could be destroyed wink.gif

Okay who wants them, I will go dumster divin' for you. UPS would be a killer in shipping thou. I will need a small crane to get them out. You know what heck, I willl just put a magnet on the truck that says dumpster and park her outbacks eric's work.
Twystd1
WOW...

A set of Ford BIG BLUES on a teener.

Lemme call Brad and see if they fit.

Twystd1
JPB
You mean you've actually heard about me ??? Good or bad? Maybe I don't want to know that answer blink.gif I'm down to 4 now. Don't know who you've heard about, but I know of a couple of teeners around here Ive probably had the most of them, next to my former boss who is a bit of an infamous rolleyes.gif Porsche legend around the east coast.
[/quote]

Yes I know of you and sent a email wich probably got lost in your spam mail. Four 914s! smilie_pokal.gif Say your boss dosen't happen to have a 2.7RS laying around does he?LOL We need to get something happening here in the spring.

jsharp.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif ?
JPB
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 18 2006, 09:11 PM) *

on Sunday's).

Click to view attachment

Keeping the 914 faith alive no matter where! smilie_pokal.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 19 2006, 10:27 AM) *

my vizsla finds that picture both disturbing and offensive. eva says GRRRR!

k

Mine does too dry.gif

Kevin, I remember talking to you about our viszlas before . . . our dog Duke died last summer and we just got a new puppy. My brother named her Rosie and she's only 10 weeks old now, but she's started chasing squirels early. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.