Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on MythBusters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhcb914
So I'm watching MythBusters and they are building a rocket boat. The guy that they bought the boat from had a 914 in his garage. Did anyone here sell the MythBusters a boat?
majkos
QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:42 PM) *

So I'm watching MythBusters and they are building a rocket boat. The guy that they bought the boat from had a 914 in his garage. Did anyone here sell the MythBusters a boat?

Dam! you beat me!
So.Cal.914
I didn't sell them a boat, but I do contribute to the water they were on daily. smile.gif
Toast
thumb3d.gif
Lou W
It's on again, John Hughes was the boat and 914 owners name, he's got to be in the Bay area.
LowGT
I just saw it and came here to see if anyone posted. (2nd shift worker, so I only get to watch shows on the 3 hour loop)

I some how feel more dorky.... biggrin.gif
Mueller
I watched it earlier tonight ......I missed the 914 and I just deleted it from my TiVo..... sad.gif
zymurgist
How the heck did I miss the 914? Watching that show is my version of religion.
JerryP
I just watched that last night also....I can't believe I missed the 914 also.
TonyAKAVW
I watched the show last night and saw the 914. It was just a glimpse of the right rear of it. Didn't see it long enough to tell much about it other than it was yellow, sitting inside a garage.

-Tony
majkos
[quote name='TonyAKAVW' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:56 AM' post='798087']
I watched the show last night and saw the 914. It was just a glimpse of the right rear of it. Didn't see it long enough to tell much about it other than it was yellow, sitting inside a garage.

with a bunch of stuff on it, but not on jacksatnds! smile.gif
zymurgist
I think we should just be thankful they sold the boat to the MythBusters and not the 914! The car would have died an interesting, albeit unnecessary, death.
914forme
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 19 2006, 03:43 AM) *

I watched it earlier tonight ......I missed the 914 and I just deleted it from my TiVo..... sad.gif

Mike doesn't your Tivo have the "recently deleted" at the bootm of Now Playing List?

It is part of a recent upgrade. If you have a series one and are paying aa few, I have series II I will about give yeah, and you can upgrade and not have that issue again.

Me and Tivo are not seeing eye to eye right now.
majkos
First thing came to my mind, typical 914 owner,
has something of a possible project blink.gif

No motor, no steering, nada.........but it has potential! w00t.gif
JPB
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 18 2006, 09:49 PM) *

I didn't sell them a boat, but I do contribute to the water they were on daily. smile.gif

The world is my urinal!!! smilie_pokal.gif
anthony
They said the boat seller's name was John Hughes. I think it just goes to show that there are thousands of 914s out there that we don't know about squirreled away in garages.

Mythbusters seems to be grasping at straws for show ideas. They have clearly run out of myths to bust.

Mueller
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 19 2006, 02:09 PM) *

Mike doesn't your Tivo have the "recently deleted" at the bootm of Now Playing List?

It might..I've only had it for about 2 weeks now and I am still learning the features...so far it's pretty darn cool, especially with 2 little munkins screaming in the background, I don't miss as much dialog as before biggrin.gif

It is part of a recent upgrade. If you have a series one and are paying aa few, I have series II I will about give yeah, and you can upgrade and not have that issue again.

Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 19 2006, 02:09 PM) *

hijacked.gif
Having had Tivo, then switching to Dish's version of it, Tivo kicks butt! I had the Dish DVR in my hands one frustrating evening and was getting ready to throw it to the floor but my girlfriend talked me down. Soon as our contract ends w/Dish DVR service we're going back to Tivo.
zymurgist
QUOTE(anthony @ Oct 19 2006, 08:31 PM) *

Mythbusters seems to be grasping at straws for show ideas. They have clearly run out of myths to bust.

You gotta admit, it's pretty hard to top blasting a concrete truck to smithereens.
majkos
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 20 2006, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(anthony @ Oct 19 2006, 08:31 PM) *

You gotta admit, it's pretty hard to top blasting a concrete truck to smithereens.

agree.gif

THAT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked[1].gif
#1RAGE
I know I'm kinda slow and this is old now but...

Just saw this episode tonight and I got a screen capture.

smile.gif

It is from season 4, episode 21 where they test air cylinder rockets and gun powder engines.

McMark
Nice! thumb3d.gif
Toast
And the engine lid is up. laugh.gif
3liter914-6
Looks like he's got an ass dragger too?

#1RAGE
QUOTE(3liter914-6 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:01 PM) *

Looks like he's got an ass dragger too?

Yep, I forgot to mention that it looks like he has a 911 too.
Crazyhippy
911 soon to be sans suspension and motor no less... Muahahahahaha
majkos
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Apr 19 2007, 10:24 PM) *

911 soon to be sans suspension and motor no less... Muahahahahaha

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Lou W
Where are the jackstands? huh.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Lou W @ Apr 20 2007, 05:34 PM) *

Where are the jackstands? huh.gif

Holding up the parts car out back?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.