Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing -6 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Last night a friend of mine and I installed the -6 back into the car, and as usual we managed to mangle the side sheetmetal somewhat trying to fit it between the trailing arm mounts.

Has anyone installed the engine without the sheetmetal, and then installed it afterwards? It seems that it would certainly protect the engine sheetmetal much better than our hamfisted installs have done.
brant
I actually have heard of guys pulling a piece of tin in the car for things like valve adjustments, etc...

but what a night mare to put your head in that hole and fumble around.

me personally.... I like to poke the stick.
I run no tin
(race only and other politically correct safety labels apply)
736conver
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 19 2006, 01:48 PM) *

Last night a friend of mine and I installed the -6 back into the car, and as usual we managed to mangle the side sheetmetal somewhat trying to fit it between the trailing arm mounts.

Has anyone installed the engine without the sheetmetal, and then installed it afterwards? It seems that it would certainly protect the engine sheetmetal much better than our hamfisted installs have done.

George,

I think it be pretty tough to put it on after it was installed. Especially with the aftermarket sheet metal as it has no nuts welded onto it. Plus the piece that goes under the fan would be pretty hard to put on. You can barely see those screws. Just take your time, btdt many times when I had my car.
The table lift I bought made it much easier then the floor jack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.