Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Damn,,, was diving my teener home yesterday when I noticed that my alt. light was on. Then I noticed I had no gauges at all, including the center console. The car ran fine. Got the car home and installed a new fuse for the blown one,, it blew immediately.. I have no turn signals, etc.... obvioulsy something shorted out. now for the dragged out affair of finding the problem. ARGH The car starts and runs fine.
Marlow
Strat, what year is your car? I had a very similar issue a few weeks ago with my 74. Which fuse are you blowing, #9?
914nerd
I had this problem as well a little while back.
The cause of the problem was that there was a short being formed in the wiring back behind the gauges.
Tightening things up a little and putting in a little bit of plastic tubing to prevent the wires from grounding out seems to have solved the problem.
I would recommend pulling out a multimeter and pulling the gauges out and taking a look at the wiring back there.

My $.02
Charles
StratPlayer

Car is a 76. Yeah I think it is a problem with the wiring in back of the gauges. The PO had so much crap back there, I still haven't figured out all the extra wiring that was put back there. I put the car to bed for the winter today, pulled the battery and got it ready for a winters nap. I'll deal with this problem next spring. Thanks for the help and replys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.