Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lots of Thieves on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I use eBay frequently, but always remember to be careful.

I bid on a 3.0 this week but didn't win.

Today, I received FOUR second chance offers on that engine. None of the offers were from the owner of the engine.

stromberg.gif
Ferg
I get those all the time too...

ar15.gif

Ferg
JPB
I bid for an engine, he answers no messages and now that I was winning, pulls it out of the auction. What a pussy move. mad.gif

Series9
And I just got a fifth......
jimtab
Hey Joe, just send em the dough....what could go wrong.... biggrin.gif
Series9
just got a sixth.....
boxstr
Flares that I posted and sold on ebay is being "second chance offered" I even got one from some loser who "second chance offerd " me a set of flares.
I kept the game going said I wanted them how much?? Never would give me a price. When I asked about shipping, free.
I finally got tired and turned it over to ebay. Its just part of the game.
CCL
Brad Roberts
I dont get it.

Please explain how this works??

I dont use Ebay for anything but advertising.

I'm sure other members here would like to know how this works also.

B
GWN7
A "Second Chance" offer is received, usually its a copy of a real Ebay one. The offerer usually wants to take the offer out of Ebay and Paypal (send them a money order to a P.O./drop box). This takes it out of ebay/paypals relm.

They get your email and other info from Ebay (anyone can ask who someone is)

They look up the bids on closed auctions and see who bid what.

Mass emailings to prospective bid loosers and if 1 out of 100 falls for it they win....free money

You have no recourse with ebay/paypal because it was the deal was off their books.

The only thing you can do is file a complaint with the Postal Inspectors and by the time they get around to it the "seller" is gone.
anthony
Say you have 20 widgits. You list one and it gets bids of:

$10
$9
$8
$7

The $10 bid is the winner. Now the seller could offer The $7, $8, and $9 bidders a "Second Chance Offer" for their bids.

The other scenario is if you had 1 item to sell but the $10 backs out then you could offer a Second Chance Offer to the $9 bidder.
URY914
I took the widgets off my car. Too heavy. Sold them on ebay. biggrin.gif
shelby/914
Just got my 2nd second chance offer on a 914 I bid on, on evilbay while I was reading this thread. First tip off it's fake was that the item never reached its reserve but now I get to buy it. screwy.gif
shelby/914
Be carefull!! Just cleaned out my junk email and found 6 more second chance offers on a 914 I had bid on. That's inaddition to the 2 that got into the in box. WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.