Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just got backed into
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
cant post pict's but i was stopped behind traffic at a stop sign and county truck backs on to front of car.

i'm going to need a hood and turn signal assembly, i have the clear turn signal lenses, where to find? and possibly front portion of right side fender.

any one, help?

and north west guys, who is good on these. first thought is mc'cloudes [spell?] in kirkland. they used to be really good shop. idon't want this bondo'ed back together.
sixnotfour
Bummer ....
Wasn't that the one that wasnt perfect ?
Eurotech , Totem Lake has done a bunch of 914 work.
425-823-4282 Mark

Pepsi service guy drug his bumper down the side of my 76 914 original paint, while it was sitting in parking lot at work.

Marv at magic customs saved the quarter, everyone else wanted to replace and its straight.
Magic custom by appiontment only . may or may not return your call. I waited 5 weeks for him to even say bring it over , but worth the wait.
JPB
Crap that sucks. Did he look like a typical truck driver blink.gif dernt say it therrrre lill dude. barf.gif

messix
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 19 2006, 05:13 PM) *

Crap that sucks. Did he look like a typical truck driver blink.gif dernt say it therrrre lill dude. barf.gif

ahh i didn't want to say it, but.... i was a f'ng woman driving a pickup.

checked AA frnt fender 1,600, hood 1.600, turn lense 50., didn't find turn signal bucket yet.
914werke
Iv got a T/S bucket. and probably your front fender .... If you talk to Mark over at Eurotech bring cubic yrds of $$. The Decklid will be the kicker sad.gif
messix
off to scoccer practice
sixnotfour
Iv got a T/S bucket. and probably your front fender .... If you talk to Mark over at Eurotech bring cubic yrds of $$. The Decklid will be the kicker

Mcclouds sp? wont be cheap either
County's payin.

OK , downtown Seattle , ONP , Mike has done 1 for me, 1 for Rich, and 2 for John.
Nice Guy reasonable.
messix
i'm wondering about instead of just getting the front blended in paint , maybe i'll do the rear half prep for paint anf get the whole car resprayed.
KELTY360
First a hard drive and then a hard driver - that just bites. JIC, I've got a left front segment - but you probably don't need that. Get it all painted if you have the chance.
boxstr
Have a front hood and most of the other items needed.
CCL
thomasotten
Exact same thing happened to me. Make sure they can see you.
DNHunt
Ah sh7t troy that's too bad. When I pull up behind a truck and look at that bumper about eye level I wonder could that thing just back all the way over me. I flash to a mental pcture of a sardines laying next to each other in a can. I think I'll just give them a few more feet.

Dave
maf914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 20 2006, 04:41 AM) *

When I pull up behind a truck and look at that bumper about eye level I wonder could that thing just back all the way over me.

I have the same thoughts. I hate sitting behind large vahicles for fear they will back up and never see me. blink.gif

Sorry to hear about the collision. Make sure they cover everything. Best of luck.
drewvw

bummer....always a shame when a 914 get banged up due to stupidity
messix
QUOTE(maf914 @ Oct 20 2006, 06:11 AM) *

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 20 2006, 04:41 AM) *

When I pull up behind a truck and look at that bumper about eye level I wonder could that thing just back all the way over me.

I have the same thoughts. I hate sitting behind large vahicles for fear they will back up and never see me. blink.gif

Sorry to hear about the collision. Make sure they cover everything. Best of luck.

i drive a one ton 4x4 and my work truck is a utility bucket truck, i know about the blind spots thats why i don't pull right up on the bumper, i make sure i can see the driver in their rear view mirrors. this driver just looked back in her mirror and saw another truck behind me and thought there was 20-30' of space screwy.gif while is was 6-8' behind her. i didnt' see her backing up intill see was about 2' from me, on the horn and the chit chit chit chit!
Bleyseng
Women drivers!!!! dry.gif

sorry to hear this Troy..get the bodywork done and we'll paint it in the driveway!
Air_Cooled_Nut
I try to stop off-center of the car in front of me, generally on the driver's side. That way they can see me in their side view mirror wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
No matter whose insurance is paying, if the price exceeds their valuation of the car, they'll total it. It's just the way it is, despite what most victims want. You want to throw 3 large in parts at it, and the labor is even more, it's gone. The Cap'n
messix
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 20 2006, 09:00 AM) *

No matter whose insurance is paying, if the price exceeds their valuation of the car, they'll total it. It's just the way it is, despite what most victims want. You want to throw 3 large in parts at it, and the labor is even more, it's gone. The Cap'n

if the responsable party insurance tries that i have hagerty insurance with 6k agreed value, so i'll just turn it over to them, i just might go that route anyway if i dont here from "risk management" [thier liablilty claims handler] soon. there is't any deductable for me to pay, so it sounds better to juat go that route.
i should be able to get this fixed with out threat of total. i just dont want it bondo'd up and half assed.

messix
p.s i consider any more than 3/16" of bondo lazy and unacceptable bodywork.

i might have to go visit our friend john on the beach.
GTeener
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 20 2006, 08:00 AM) *

Women drivers!!!! dry.gif

Hey! I resemble that remark! alfred.gif But I don't drive a pickemup truck wink.gif

Bummer, Troy. What a hassel. Your front will be better than before though, and on someone else's dime!

There's always a bright side smile.gif
rhodyguy
did the police show up? if not, make sure you file an incident form. find out who the county's insurer is.

k
orange914
just be thankful your car doesn't look like this ohmy.gif .........

Click to view attachment

messix
QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 20 2006, 04:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

if my car looked like that i would have pulled her "tubes" out and stangled her with them!
majkos
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 20 2006, 03:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

if my car looked like that i would have pulled her "tubes" out and stangled her with them!

Man, that car scary! hijacked.gif So bummed on your mishap. "messix" I hope you can stick 'em to 'em! sheeplove.gif
Stupid mind fu*k morons, plainy piss me off when they can simply 'dismiss" our 914's!

'cuse me! smoke.gif
messix
QUOTE(majkos @ Oct 20 2006, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 20 2006, 03:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Man, that car scary! hijacked.gif So bummed on your mishap. "messix" I hope you can stick 'em to 'em! sheeplove.gif
Stupid mind fu*k morons, plainy piss me off when they can simply 'dismiss" our 914's!

'cuse me! smoke.gif

THAT IS NOT MY CAR. mine has damage to the front trunk lid, turn light and bucket and fender, all on the pass. side front.
DNHunt
I rode around Portland with Gwen. She certainly doesn't resemble that remark. Very fun

Thanks Gwen

Dave
GTeener
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 20 2006, 04:39 PM) *

I rode around Portland with Gwen. She certainly doesn't resemble that remark. Very fun

Thanks Gwen

Dave

Thanks Dave. It was hard to really show off in a parade lap wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.