Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back From Washington State
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I just returned from a 2500 mile trip with my V8, 914. I did get the car painted Black but don't have any shots handy tonight. We stripped the car and skin coated the body. My old friend Gary got the car perfectly straight. No waves, dents etc. This process took about 2 weeks.
The car ran perfectly, I must have driven between 80 and 90 mph 1500 miles of the 2500 mile trip. I had to put tape over 1/3 of my radiator to get the temp up to 180 at those speeds. I will post a bunch of pics tomorrow along with a few videos. Just drove 12 hours today and need a nap.. beerchug.gif
GWN7
WB

Waiting on pictures
tesserra
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Oct 19 2006, 08:23 PM) *

I just returned from a 2500 mile trip with my V8, 914. I did get the car painted Black but don't have any shots handy tonight. We stripped the car and skin coated the body. My old friend Gary got the car perfectly straight. No waves, dents etc. This process took about 2 weeks.
The car ran perfectly, I must have driven between 80 and 90 mph 1500 miles of the 2500 mile trip. I had to put tape over 1/3 of my radiator to get the temp up to 180 at those speeds. I will post a bunch of pics tomorrow along with a few videos. Just drove 12 hours today and need a nap.. beerchug.gif

Sounds like your cooling is working great.
Why didn't the thermostat keep the motor at 180 ?
Did you check milage for your trip?

George
URY914
Curious what rpm you're running while cruising at 80 mph?
So.Cal.914
I was hopeing you would have pic's posted by now, I know your tired it was a long

drive but it is time to ...WAKE UP!...
JoeSharp
You Know Whats Coming.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Heeltoe914
Come on get up sleepy heads. We need the pics so we can all go to work. GET UP. biggrin.gif dead horse.gif
drive-ability
The car is still in need of a final buffing and that will be in a few months. I am very happy with it. I can't be sure how fast I was going but I know 2100 rpm is 65 mph and I was running around 2700 to 3000 most of the way. In the 70 mph zones most everyone was flying and I was not being passed at all. I did have it to 5000 once or twice. I haven't done the gas mileage thing yet and it will be a round about way using the total distance via google maps and gas receipts. My speedo still needs a speed sensor and my bike unit kept reseting so I trashed that thing quick.

IPB Image
So.Cal.914
Car looks great but I can't see your retractable spoiler back there. Eather your

friend is a miracle worker or....... confused24.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 20 2006, 01:30 PM) *

Car looks great but I can't see your retractable spoiler back there. Eather your

friend is a miracle worker or....... confused24.gif

Ha,
I just ran out of time and didn't get it worked out. I'm getting a rear clip to use as a guide to build one. Once its done I can ship the parts to Washington for paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.