Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Hello from Fort Smith!!!

We had fun on the drive up here from DFW yesterday Jeff Duncan stayed at our house Wed night, and we left out at 8 am for McKinney. We met up with everyone at the IHOP, and we started north. We stopped for lunch in Talamena, and picked up the winding stairs mountain drive like we do in April.

Charlie Davis mounted a video camera on the roof of his Toyota Pirius.. (His 914 is under the weather) and he had the whole train pass him one at a time. He followed us the whole run.

We ended up behind a quartet of motorcycles that had more money than riding skill. I was leading and I saw something that I still can't believe.... a full sized motorcycle with a set of TRAINING WHEELS!! No kidding. It had a frame with two whels fitted to the back that kept it from tipping over. ANd they could not ride for beans. They had me down to second gear on corners that should be run at 50.

Curt Curits got upset with me because I didn't stop at Queen Whilemea lodge, but we were a bit behind schedule. The foliage is gorgeous, but there are way too many motorcycles touring slowly to make it a spirited run.

We got a bit frustrated at traffic, and we got to the hotel at 6. Then it was off to the pizza party and liars contest.

We got to hear some real whoppers... We got to hear Tony Chavez's burned valve story, and we got to hear Charlie convince us that he dumped 2 football players on their faces with an Austin Mini when he was in High School.

This morning... we are off to the Talidragger tour... Off to the winery!

More as the day goes on.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif MUSR was my first *real* 914 event ...

biggrin.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
We are back home....

The tours were great (if I do say so myself). Friday we went to a winery, and everyone did some tasting. Lunch was at the lodge on Mt. Magazine. We got delayed coming back because the service at lunch was slow.

Curt Curtis lost 4th and 5th on his car before the tour. He and Angela rode with Charlie and Teri Davis in their new Prius hybrid (apparently the SIG advocate can't keep his 914 running poke.gif ). On the way back my sinus medication started kicking my ass, so I had Curt take over the driving duties in my car. After we got back, Ed Mayo did a presentation on Fuel system theory. We posponed the tech quiz until after dinner because of the delay at lunch. Dinner was at a seafood place right on the arkansas river. Good grub. After dinner we went back to the hotel and played "name that part". Everyone was laughing it up... Watching these women who know NOTHING about cars try to describe the parts was halarious.

Sat morning we went off to the group photo site... and the first real "Oh Shit" moment. The parking lot we picked for the photo was filled to overflowing with pickups and boat trailers. Seems there was a bass tournament that morning. So we found a grassy area near there and got the pictures we wanted.

The boston mountain/pig trail tour was real fun. We had a lady at the gas station where we made our rest stop ask "Is there a FIAT convention in town?". We also had an old lady who was walking try to cross the road in the middle of the group. No one was hit, but it was funny hearing the descriptions of her leaning out inot the road to see if there was another car coming.

We had some reall a-holes in front of us on Pig Trail. I had a guy in a motorcycle spit on my car. They were just cruising along and would not pull over and let us by, and the folks at the end of the line got caught behind a guy with a trailer that really messed things up for them.

After lunch we went back to the hotel and had the car show. I got 3rd in Modified 6 and 8, Betty got 1st in stock 4, best daily driver, and the Elegance award. smilie_pokal.gif

Mike Brown broke the LH side mirror on my car during the car show. So at the awards banquet, we gave him the shaft... I.E. the infamous "Crimson Shaft". His breaking the mirror turned out to be the stupidest thing done at the event.

Charlie and Teri Davis got an appreciation award for the 7 years they have setup this event, and a basket with 2 bottles of wine from the winery we visited, and a can of cheese whiz (we are 914 folks after all). Following Charlie I have a big set of shoes to fill.. both literally and figuratively. I hope I can do as good of job as he has done for the last 7 years.

Curt changed his tranny on Sat.. and he was able to participate in the blind gymkana on Sunday.... Much to his regret. Angela is a great gal, but they had "difficulties" with the blind driving stuff. Seems she got to laughing so hard that all she could do is point and laugh. And that doesn't do a bit of good when the driver is blindfolded!!

I know.. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif .. but I was really busy herding cats all weekend, so I didn't take any pictures. Hopefully we get some from the other folks that were there.
dennisc
Click to view attachmentMaybe too big
dennisc
Click to view attachmentAnother
dennisc
Click to view attachmentlast
Dave_Darling
Thanks, Dennis! More, please??

--DD
dennisc
Click to view attachment We missed you Dave.
dennisc
Click to view attachment More
dennisc
Click to view attachment More
dennisc
Click to view attachment This is Edith
dennisc
Click to view attachment This is Edith's tail dragger
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dennisc @ Oct 23 2006, 11:33 PM) *

Edith Sitwell, Diva.

Low Slung and German, and the Official Mascot of MUSR 8.

mrdezyne
2nd year I have missed this! I might just have to buy a driver so I can attend these things! And so the collection begins....

Great pics, keep em coming! Surely there were more cameras on hand for this event?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Oct 24 2006, 10:43 AM) *

2nd year I have missed this! I might just have to buy a driver so I can attend these things! And so the collection begins....

Great pics, keep em coming! Surely there were more cameras on hand for this event?

There were lots of pictures taken.. but none by me. I was busy "herding cats" all weekend.... biggrin.gif
dennisc
Click to view attachment This is NOT the cycle that spit on Clay. By the way, Clay bought everyone a beer. Many thanks to Clay and Betty for all the work--and the beer.
jr91472
Many thanks to Clay and Betty smilie_pokal.gif It was a great event and a fun time. I think we had more cars this year than the last....

As soon as I get back in town, I will try and post some of pics.

ClayPerrine
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ClayPerrine
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
[
ClayPerrine
[mg]http://www.here-ugo.com/MUSR8/medium/0021.jpg[/img]
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ClayPerrine
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

These pictures were taken by Charlie Davis. You can see them in the original location at [url= http://www.here-ugo.com/MUSR8/index.html]Charlie Davis' MUSR 8 Page[/url]

Joseph Mills
Here's our group with Charlie in it instead of me. biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
First thing we did in the morning was go to the winery for a tour. What are 914 owners coming to? biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Lemme see if I can multiple post.
wine... wine...wine
Ready for shipment to my house.
Joseph Mills
That didn't work so well. biggrin.gif

Onward.

Mo wine.Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
Clay,

you have never looked soo fruity...

payback for the retard pic!
Joseph Mills
Just enough to wet my beak please.Click to view attachment

Nice socks. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Nice uh, err...
Click to view attachment
Joseph Mills
Here's some road shots Rea took with the point n'shoot.
Click to view attachment
Joseph Mills
Here's where we had lunch and a grand view.
keebler117
I wanted to thank everyone of ya, especially Clay for allowing us to participate in
the drive on Saturday! It was our first 914 event and a true test of our driving
skills, not to mention how well these 914's really handle. We wanted to stay longer
Saturday, but we had prior obligations to attend to.

I havent pushed the 914 hard untill that day, I loved it! However Krystal is
still a little tense from the excitement. She would have prefered a slower drive
and had a chance to view the scenery, but that of course, would have been a
blurr anyway, She's just not used to driving at a higher rate of speed and my
use of the e-brake on some of the corners didnt help much either...
(I'm still in the dawghouse over that) confused24.gif driving.gif

Needless to say... IT WAS A BLAST! and I look forward to next year!

Here are some Pics I took from Saturdays Drive.... Sorry for the file sizes,
have'nt had time to resize yet...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
keebler117
and more...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
keebler117
And the last two....

IPB Image
IPB Image
Joseph Mills

fuggit mad.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 24 2006, 07:17 PM) *

Clay,

finger.gif

At least I don't look like Napoleon Dynamite on Crack!!!

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 24 2006, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 24 2006, 07:17 PM) *

Clay,

IPB Image

finger.gif

At least I don't look like Napoleon Dynamite on Crack!!!

hey! my feet reach the floor when i sit down!

did you have your upholsterer stick in some phone books so you could see over the dash?

chairfall.gif

wub.gif you too clay LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
cha914
Hey guys, my dad just finished this slideshow of the event...some really good shots of the awesome drive into the event and back home:

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/jj5yW9GV

enjoy!

Tony
MBowman325
Sounds like an overall good time, despite some spitting and shafting. Despite it "just being" pictures, it's an awfully neat feeling to see more than a single 914 driving, and double that to see such a large number out. If things go how I want them (which the never do to some degree) I'll be in a picture with the car on the next go. I plan on still being in the Midwest at that point in time.
jr91472
QUOTE(cha914 @ Nov 1 2006, 09:23 AM) *

Hey guys, my dad just finished this slideshow of the event...some really good shots of the awesome drive into the event and back home:

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/jj5yW9GV

enjoy!

Tony

Very cool!!!

Tell him thanks!! smilie_pokal.gif
dennisc
Click to view attachment Photo shop action
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.