Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Shipping stuff COD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I sold some stuff on the internet and the buyer wants me to send it COD. I have never done this before. Who does COD delivery? Is it safe? How long does it take to get the $$? Should I be concerned?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Grimstead
I used to use them a lot with UPS at my last job about 12yrs ago. There was a sticker you would fill out for COD's and you could check cash or check which really helped out if had no history with the buyer.

When all was said and done you would either get a check back from UPS (either the buyer’s check or UPS’ If you checked cash only). Unfortunately I don’t remember how long it took to get the money back.

The only pain in the process I remember was that the drivers wanted exact change most of the time so you had to make sure the buyer knew this. Other than that, it wasn’t a big deal shipping it that way.

I hope this helps,
Bill

PS, how about that engine? wink.gif
Mueller
UPS can do COD delivery, there is a $8.50 charge for it.

Basicly, the driver gets the money when they drop it off, and UPS sends you a check. No money and no package delievery (no cash accepted...see link below)

UPS COD info
Grimstead
Ooops, so much my out-of-date advice... sad.gif

At least part of it was still accurate...
owned.gif
anthony
The only downside is that the buyer could refuse the package and then you are out shipping plus the $8.50 fee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.