Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lenses park and brake etc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I just got my car painted and really wish to replace the lenses in the front and rear. The park and turn signal. What is out there thats a different style/ color/ clear ?

IPB Image
SGB
I literally said "Youzer, that looks good" seconds ago when I saw your car. Tres bon!
SGB
I think black needs euro lenses in back. I'm partial to USA (all red) for mine, but on black... smile.gif

Same for the front- but you will need to get the bulb adding mod (I know Camp 914 is one source)! smile.gif smile.gif
highways
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you have the Euro tailight lenses, and standard front turn signal lenses.

You could get the american tailight lenses (all red), euro front turn signals (half amber and clear on the bottom), or Italian front turn signal lenses (all clear/white). The little round 'parking light' on the front- I don't think there is any other style. Some people remove them and fill in the hole by welding.

Occasionally I think some people have some sort of custom clear tailight lenses. That could be a style- all clear lenses (except those parking lights unless you hire someone to make a mold and fabricate them from scratch- which you might be able to organize a group buy to cover tooling expenses).

Anyway, if I had my choice- I would have your exact setup as is. I like the colors on a simple clean car- and the orange section in the Euro tailights gives it a little visual 'pop'.

You can also look into LED bulbs- infinite life, brighter, and can create the color needed for clear lenses.
highways
You might also want to consider the visability factor for your car- all black is slick. Possibly too slick sometimes. The side markers and Euro lenses on yours give it the only source of safety visability for other drivers (remember, our cars are tiny and can disappear into the road!) zorro.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(highways @ Oct 20 2006, 05:51 PM) *

You might also want to consider the visability factor for your car- all black is slick. Possibly too slick sometimes. The side markers and Euro lenses on yours give it the only source of safety visability for other drivers (remember, our cars are tiny and can disappear into the road!) zorro.gif

I like the way you think, now that the car is painted even a small bump would hurt. beerchug.gif
PORobinSCHE
My variation of the front lamps. i am using a 35w halogen bulb for a flash to pass light. on momentarily only, so as to not melt the lens

robin welder.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 20 2006, 06:54 PM) *

My variation of the front lamps. i am using a 35w halogen bulb for a flash to pass light. on momentarily only, so as to not melt the lens

robin welder.gif

That's a nice set up, OK that goes on the list beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.