Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has a Sniffer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm looking at CO analyzers.

What do you have? recommend? cost?

I'm sure a certain percentage of my business will involve setting up carbs headbang.gif , so I'm gonna need the sniffer.

Something portable would be nice.
TimT
A good high quality WB O2 sendor would be fine!

We have a few four gas analysers in the shop, but for most jobs a WB is fine.

For the WBs we have MoTec and FJO and some of the newer lower cost units like PLX. I personally have two Tech Edge units..
TimT
Oh and before anyone says WBO2s dont measure CO.

They do... indirectly... there are relationships between Co O2 Nox etc that are very consistent
Series9
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 21 2006, 08:29 PM) *

A good high quality WB O2 sendor would be fine!

We have a few four gas analysers in the shop, but for most jobs a WB is fine.

For the WBs we have MoTec and FJO and some of the newer lower cost units like PLX. I personally have two Tech Edge units..

Thanks Tim, but I haven't seen a portable WB O2 sensor? You know, something I can shove up the pipe of all my bitches. happy11.gif
anthony
Innovate makes one:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/c...=250&page=1

Series9
I've never seen one of those. Interesting. idea.gif
root
I've had an LM-1 (innovation) for over a year now installed in my stealth 914.
I mounted it in the glove box on velcro so I can whipit out when I want to slip it
into some other tail pipe. I have it programed to average the A/F ratio then output it to an LED A/F gauge on the front of the glove box door. Don't know what I'd do with out it and a CHT gauge on the dashboard! driving.gif
TimT
PLX Devices

We have a few of these, they are workhorses, rugged,dependable etc. Use a relatively inexpensive Bosch sensor.

FJO Wb sensor

We also have on of these, ours is an older model which uses an NTK sensor, which when needing replacement will set you back about $150, as opposed to $40 or so for Bosch sensor

MoTec

The quality of this one is without reproach, but it is quite expensive. $1200 or so. th FJO was $800, and the PLX we have was $279 (when we purchased)

Tech Edge

I also have two of these wide bands. I built them myself for the hell of it. They work as well as our MoTec and 4 gas units.

The Innovate is also very popular with the Pelican crowd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.