Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tin & Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wit61
Now that the screaming and cursing have subsided. headbang.gif ........Does anyone know why the engine tin machine screws are slothead and round as opposed to hex and phillips head ? I'm sure there is some teutonic engineering reason behind this...
tdgray
Don't know... but I replaced mine with hex head from HD. Live and learn my man...live and learn. biggrin.gif
Allan
I replaced mine with ss allen heads. Also replaced the ones holding the bottom of the rockers with them...
So.Cal.914
Only the USA version came with the round head slot's the euro's came with hex

phillips. I think they were getting even for WWII. biggrin.gif
wit61
After spending an unscheduled 45 minutes on a single engine tin scew yesterday, they have exacted a heavy price. I was hoping that the roundheads were somehow worth 2 hp or something so that the suffering would have some meaning biggrin.gif ... I'm off to Lowes/HD for some hex heads...

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 21 2006, 06:15 PM) *

Only the USA version came with the round head slot's the euro's came with hex

phillips. I think they were getting even for WWII. biggrin.gif

gopack
you mean these?
IPB Image
Propperly called, I kid you not........

TA DA!

CHEESEHEAD screws!

JPB
I call them the vice grip specials. Allen screws my friend are professional specially with an air ratchet. biggrin.gif

beer.gif SS bolts smilie_pokal.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(gopack @ Oct 22 2006, 06:10 AM) *

you mean these?
IPB Image
Propperly called, I kid you not........

TA DA!

CHEESEHEAD screws!

Hmmm... That explains a lot. I guess this means that the seemingly innocent people from Wisconsin are really evil but subtle...

REVENGE OF THE CHEESE EATIN', 'SCONIE POP DRINKIN' SCANDIHOOVIANS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.