Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K .....really stupid question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
i have always wondered how you fill the pesky things if you have a roadside flat......
hmmmmmmmmm
iamchappy
12volt air compressor or compressed air bottle
pete-stevers
Thanks David.....what type of air bottle holds that kind of air??
Bruce Allert
Shouldn't it already be filled before you need it??????? alfred.gif

......b smile.gif
Joe Bob
Typically it's the 12v air compressor.....takes awhile. But if yer old and got a AAA card.....
lagunero
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Oct 21 2006, 04:21 PM) *

Thanks David.....what type of air bottle holds that kind of air??

Scuba
Bleyseng
I use the space saver spare with a 944 Porsche air compressor that came with the space saver tires. Fits inside the rim and you plug it in the cig lighter to run it or fill your tires at the AX. smile.gif

they are on Ebay or at the junkyard/swapmeets which is where I got mine which was unused.
iamchappy
I dont know where you get the air bottles, I just had one once that came with one of my old cars. They were about quart 1/2 sized.
iamchappy
Here is what they look like.
Qarl
Duh!

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
turboman808
This was news to me so maybe to ohers as well. But there is a shop here in NJ that sells and mounts the space savers on whatever rim you want. Much cooler to see a fuch for a spare if you ask me.
Elliot_Cannon
I use a small SCUBA pony bottle with the first stage of a SCUBA regulator. It brings the pressure down to about 125 psi. I'd post a pic but just droped it off at a SCUBA shop for a hydrostatic check. It works great but some SCUBA shops want to see a SCUBA certificate before they will refill the bottle for you.

Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
slits and i mounted my space saver on a fuch smile.gif see the blog...

but yeah... gotta get an inflator or a bottle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.