Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more connector woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
okay so with a wiring diagram i found on the site- i found out that thaT temp sensor opens when it is warm enough to shut off the cold start injector- there is a seperate temp sensor running to the fuel injection- which is intact. so the two i thought connected do- but then i found more!!!!!

IPB Image
this is down under the car near the starter- it was just resting there... looking sad
where does it live?

IPB Image
this one is right by the oil filler cap... it has a home?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
this one was laying over the top of the engine running from the pass side to the drivers side- connector is melted (by heat or short circuit?) when i traced it's wires back- it runs to the last pictures connection on the relay panel....

any help at all is greatly appreciated!!! thanks everyone who helped the first question!

Scott

oh btw- i pulled the plugs and added oil to the cylinders- turned it by hand- absolutely perfect feeling bore- didnt stick anywhere- seemed like its in good shape interenally- the plugs were running rich (well the fuel system was) but no oil on them or corrosion. so i put in new plugs.

the other issue i found was that the little air door at the front of the engine cover's cable is broken and the door doesnt move anymore- is this just the door to say how much heat goes to the engine or is it more sinister in importance?

Bleyseng
1st pic is the backup lite switch wires missing one of the connectors
2nd pic is of the 12v power wire to the AAR Valve which should be connected to a white 12v wire laying by the distributor.
3rd is the AUX heater fan-leave off for now.

oh, in the 2nd pic the flaps are up so the engine won't over heat. Push the plastic bushing back down into that little dent in the fan housing so it will rotate. Put some pliers on that clamp where the wire from the thermostat goes and try to move the air control flaps.

Scott-thundercat
hey cool thanks! yeah i found the greasy nasty back up switch and cleaned it up a little and stuck those wires back in (does it matter which side?), i will look around for a 12V wire- on this little wire diagram off pelican it doesnt show any wires coming off of the AAR valve- maybe this is an AAR valve from a later year? and thanks for the info on the other two! this helps so much!

btw- i just put some gas in the tank (1/2 gallon or less) and it all leaked straight out the bottom- nice!! so evidently i need to replace a hose down there! i took some of the gas that was just spilling out and put it down the rubber hose to the throttle body and cranked it over- started right up and ran for a little bit (burned off all the oil i added too). no wierd sounds and didnt smoke once all the oil i added was gone! sweet- doesnt sound like the fuel pump works though- neither do any of the relays- for the head light, the wipers, the blinkers or anything- although the emergency flasher sounded like it was trying. i fixed the wires to the cold start valve too. made me excited that it ran (even though not for long).
Tobra
Get a friend, pull the tank and replace the hoses down there. Clean out the crap down below that relay board and under the battery too, make sure nothing is plugging it up, there is a hole that came with a little rubber plug in it, that was removed by everyone in the know. Wash all the crap out from under the rocker covers too...etc, etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.