Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Run - Santa Clarita/Castaic Lake Sun. Nov. 5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
So a friend with a different Brand of car (new Vette) said he wanted to go on a run one Sunday, who was I to say no? So we decided Sun. Nov. 5, One week after the grand G&R Swap. And I told him there may be a few other 914's if he doesn't mind being out numbered, and he was cool with that. So if anyone else wants to come along I'll get coffee and donuts again and we'll run to The Oaks in Bouquet Canyon for Burgers and Beer. beerchug.gif It's a short run only about an hour or so.

I also invited some other guys with other makes, so we'll see if they show.

Here is a map to my place for those interestested. You can also see Lake Hughes Rd., Spunky Canyon, San Fransiquito, and Bouquet. I'm also going to try out an additional loop or an out and back run along the way to lengthen the Fun.

Map to Fun Run Start

Later...... givemebeer.gif
TonyAKAVW
Sounds good to me! My first 914 driving event was up in in that area in 2001 I guess.

-Tony
gary gartner

Sounds good, Mike
I'll put it on the list of things to do. driving.gif

Gary
andys
Mike,

Is it still possible to get a decent run up Bouquet Canyon? The weekend Harley cruisers pretty much ruined any good chance of that, I would think. They have taken over that cruise route on the weekends.

Andys
Mike D.
Nah, we'll be ok. We'll be coming down Bouquet and probably around 10:30 or so. Most have cleared out by then. I've done it a few times recently and have barely seen any other traffic. The Oaks doesn't seem to draw the crowds they used to. Don't know why...?
Mike D.
OK, posted a map link in an edit on the first post...

up there...
KaptKaos
Linky no worky
Mike D.
Oops, I fixed the link with Mapquest map.

The google map address didn't update or change when you navigate through the web site. Thats friggin handy.

Heeltoe914
Thanks Mike for calling out some 914 to grace the hills of Santa Clarita. I have been up the roads you are planning and look forward to doing them with a bunch of 914’s and others that may join in. The roads will be fun for anyone thinking of coming out. If anyone has a 2-way radio bring it. (Cop warning device) I will be there. Channel 9 sub channel 14
ahdoman
Mike,
Is the run still on? If so, what time we meeting? If your planning the route don't forget to add Spunky Canyon. I was up there today and the road is pretty clean.
Mike D.
icon_bump.gif

for all those interested...9am or 9:14 am of course smile.gif my house I'll have the coffee and donuts.
27719 Clark Court, Saugus 91350

mapquest on the first post.

BTW, One of the other car guys who will be at the run owns a dyno shop here in Santa Clarita. He will be talking about his dyno and maybe a future "dyno day" at his shop if anyone is interested in that. we'll still have to pay of course but he'll work out some kind of discount.

Mike D.
icon_bump.gif
I'll do this once today and once tomorrow. Just so people can see it.

only 6 cars so far confirmed...

I know of 10 914s in Santa Clarita but only a few of them show up here.
Crazyhippy
I'll do my best to show... But no promises, have a wedding to go to sat night, and it might be a long night...

BJH
TonyAKAVW
Looks like I'm out. I have a presentation Monday and I'm probably going to have to work Sunday getting ready for it.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.