Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coil Wire Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The run runs fine. My question is why threre are two black wires from the ignition harness to the + coil terminal. One is the Key On? but what is the second for ?

My picture shows the coil with the center wire off; the tach wire is baby blue( PO handywork) and green is condener--both go to -. The red is for a rich/lean sensor

I.m just curious whether othe '75 L jets have two blacks to the +

Thanks
bd1308
All three versions of L-Jet I have had on my car has had the 2 wire thing going to the coil.
jim_hoyland
OK. Do they originate from diffrent terminals on the harness connector at the relay board ? Still want to know what the reason is.

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 22 2006, 12:58 PM) *

All three versions of L-Jet I have had on my car has had the 2 wire thing going to the coil.

bd1308
I'll look when I go on break, I'm at work right now. I have a feeling, but I want ot be 100% sure.
eeyore
IIRC, the black wire grounds to the case, joins the harness under the shealth, runs over to the coil, comes back off the coil, goes back under the sheath and continues on to the double relay (which controls the fuel pump)
bd1308
black is 12V, not ground.
eeyore
Oops. OK. Not ground then. But it still goes on to the double relay?
jim_hoyland
That makes sense; it probably activates the dual relay when the ignition is turned on.

Reason I'm asking; I want to redo some of the wiring and incorporate an MSD that's been siting on the work bench for the past year or so. Anyone done an 1.8L LJet FI with MSD ?

QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Oct 22 2006, 01:31 PM) *

IIRC, the black wire grounds to the case, joins the harness under the shealth, runs over to the coil, comes back off the coil, goes back under the sheath and continues on to the double relay (which controls the fuel pump)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.