Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CCW wheel fitment, Staggering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hollandhill
After GT Flairing my 72, I decided to go with CCW wheels to fill out the new larger wheel wells. John at CCW has been very helpful, he sent me the fronts 1st to get some measurements for the rear. We started with a 17/8.5 wheel with a PS2 225 tire. When mounted on the back I have no more room in the front, to the back I have somewhere near 1 inch to 3/4's of an inch of room at the top of the wheel well and about an inch and a half to the susp. arm.
I'm wondering If I can fit a 9 inch wheel in the back and if so, is it worth it. Do these cars work better with staggered set ups or equal front to back?
Aaron Cox
8's and 9's will fit with the right offset....

you have enough power to break 9's loose? LOL

i have also see 10's fitted....

lots of cars running staggered setup... and too some degree, "stock" is staggered as the front track is an inch narrower...

you will be fine with 8's and 9's
hollandhill
So you'd say these cars are better balanced with a staggered set up? I'm thinking of the bennefits of equal front to back, one of which is rotating.
Aaron Cox
im not saying that neccesarily....

in stock trim, the rear track is 1" wider....

and oversteer/understeer/rotation can all be tuned with springrates/shocks/swaybars.....

ill wait for some others to chime in here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.