Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't tell is this a deep six?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
link

Can't tell is this a deep six? The last two digits aren't show....
Aaron Cox
911 PN - im not sure... but i dont think so...

does it have the heartshaped opening by the valve stem?
propricer
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 22 2006, 06:00 PM) *

link

Can't tell is this a deep six? The last two digits aren't show....

Distance between chrome on windmill and chrome rim appears too great to be a deep six ... with a deep six, you can just about put a finger between the paddle and the rim.
Joe Bob
Yeah...little shit prolly did that on purpose.

901361012 06 is a deep six....
and early flat six last two digits is 10
davep
Doesn't look deep. $172 for ONE rim??? Yikes.
boxstr
NOT.. DEEP
Joe Bob
Freaking eyes must be going....I missed the first three digits....911....should be 901......crap.....oh well.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 22 2006, 06:16 PM) *

Doesn't look deep. $172 for ONE rim??? Yikes.

That's nothing....just sold a set of restored Gas Burners to a guy for 500...each.....
Aaron Cox
fuggin old people... cant read numbers anymore chairfall.gif

mike - did you call me a few days ago?
Joe Bob
Nope....

link

BTW...check out this auction...Steve Buhain from MS Road and Rape.....talk about getting bent over.....that's more than Wheel Enhancement sells them NEW!!!!!
Aaron Cox
thats actually cheap...

jason cullen offed like 10 pairs at 2k each on pelican
Joe Bob
Sucker born every minute....
Aaron Cox
they would look killer on your RS wannabeee
Joe Bob
Nah...kinda partial to my new bling bling full polish. That anodized finish is a bitch to get clean and keep clean in the salt air.....the full polish and Mother's chrome polish as a protectant is da kine.
Aaron Cox
postapicnumbnutz smile.gif

refresh my memory....
Joe Bob
Oh and "I'm" old and can't remember shit???? finger.gif

Joe Bob
I couldn't reach for my wallet fast enuff when Renegade Scott told me how much he wanted for them....
Aaron Cox
8's and 9's?

or 7's and 8's?
Joe Bob
7s and 8s...

9s are a waste of time....ya can't find big enuff tires for em, and they won't fit an SC unless flared.....
Aaron Cox
7" = 205
8" = 225
9" = 245

lots of tires out there... whats your obsession with BULGING sidewalls on wheels?

straight sidewall = mo betta
Joe Bob
245/45s on a 16x8 don't bulge...same with a 225/45 on a 7......If I wanted a 55-60 or larger ballon tire I would drive my chebbie truck.

a 245 is about as wide a tire that is commercially available for 16s. The scarcity of the 16x9s and the price just don't make sense to me.
Aaron Cox
245 on a 9" is plenty smile.gif

i have 225/50's on 8's and they are freaking wide....
Joe Bob
yeah well...I have what, 285+hp, and a ride that w/o my fat ass in it is 400 lbs heavier than a 914.....it needs it.

If I shift hard in a slight turn, it's been known to start chasing the front end around. I need all the grip I can get.

I'm almost rethinking the 195s on my 914/6.....I have an offer in on some 15x6s that would allow a 205....maybe a 215 if I can sneak it in....

Aaron Cox
205's belong on 7's.....
Joe Bob
Tell that to everyone that runs them on four lug Fuchs.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 22 2006, 10:40 PM) *

Tell that to everyone that runs them on four lug Fuchs.....

i try....

brant
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 22 2006, 11:38 PM) *

205's belong on 7's.....

I know an awful lot of vintage racers (the 1967 and earlier 911 guys) that are required to run a maximum of 6inches due to rules.

they run a lot more than 205's

one guy (the very fastest guy) is running 245's on early/deep 6's with no safety bead.

doesn't seem right that he is 2 seconds faster than practically everyone else in his class.

all of the guys he beats are running 225's on 6's

brant
brant
Here are the qualifying results for the 1967S 911's at the last event of the 06 season
(2 weeks ago)

the top car is build by 3R and runs a 3R 2liter, with 245's Hoosiers on 6inch wheels
the 2nd place car has an AJRS 2liter, with 225's Hoosiers on 6inch wheels

all of these are 911S cars.
the 5th place one has a stock 67S motor for comparison
its amazing that there are 10seconds PER A LAP difference among all very good drivers.

This qualifying was for the enduro.
2hours and 5 minutes.
at 10 seconds a lap... that really can add up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 911 JERRY SCHOUTEN 1:49.161
2 966 ROBERT AMES 1:49.503
3 129 MIKE RIES 1:52.074
4 314 BOB DENT 1:56.097
5 35 DARRYL / IRENE BROWN 1:57.617
6 522 DOUG MORRISON 1:59.275
------------------------------------------------------------------

its not that a wide tire alone made these guys so fast.
they are amazing drivers
they have amazing cars with amazing motors.
I only posted it to say that there can be circumstances where other things can and do work. Jerry has been running that car for 15 years with every size and update of Hoosier that has come along. He once told me that he had to teach himself a new driving style to accomodate those tires. Plus he isn't running the standard D.O.T. version of the hoosier, but instead is running the not PCA allowed other version. He said the car was more precise before he put that wide 245 tire onto it. But his lap times were better this way if you are a capable enough driver.

so there are circumstances where outside ideas can work.

Aaron Cox
245 on a 6" sounds kinda scary.... is he running beadlocks lol ph34r.gif

i hear ya brant....
brant
Aaron,

I'm just an argumenative old bastard...

and I've seen enough crazy stuff now to know that there is always another way.. and alot of the time that other way is better than mine.

plus I look at everything from the perspective of the track.
I would recommend 195 to 205 on a street car with 6inch wheels...

however I'm running laurences old 14's on my black car with 215's on 5.5 wheels right now... mostly because I'm cheap and he had them on there..

(told you that black car was built from spare parts and other peoples discards)

brant
Eric_Shea
Oh and "I'm" old and can't remember shit????

Old "and" Gay appearantly... (ragtops are fur gurls) w00t.gif
914fan
Man that has to be the ugliest looking 914 I have ever seen. What kind of body kit are you running? laugh.gif

Nice car.

lets not forget the vw guys running 205s and 215 on empi 8 spokes!!! 5inch i believe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.