Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat exchangers and flapper valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
how much are a used set of stainlees steel heat exchangers, and flapper valves worth?

thank you

Robin huh.gif
TROJANMAN
Within the last six months, I have seen 2.0 ones sell for anywhere between $280 and $700 on EBAY. I bought a set earlier this year for $300.
Pat Garvey
NEW flapper valves alone will set back 100-150, not uncluding the J-tubes & related plumbing. Stainless exchangers will cost you at least what mine did in '76 - $250. They don't depreciate.

You may get lucky on Ebay, but I'd bet you're in for at least $500, without the intermediary plumbing - which is getting even harder to find. Expensive, but you have to have it!
Pat
bd1308
new flapper valves are $30 from Pelican each.
PORobinSCHE
HOOyah! the parts all look fairly new. i am waiting for a set of plain exhaust pipes to arrive(florida car,don't need no stinkin' heat). then i will remove,clean and photograph all i have.
my goal is to finance a set of fiberglass flares.

robin
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 22 2006, 09:51 PM) *

new flapper valves are $30 from Pelican each.

Yeah, I may have been a little high, but my most recent check on PP showed these guys at $80 each! Where did your $30 come from - I'll buy all I can get at that price!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.