Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT Hunter Ceiling Fan Wiring Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'm in Utah helping a friend set up her new house. I was gonna add a light kit to a Hunter Ceiling fan. It's normally a five to ten minute job right. Well, there is something funky with the wiring inside the fan. I've looked all over, but can't find a wiring diagram.
Here's what i see

coming from ceiling Black Wire, Black with white stripe (light kit) and white wire and a gray wire (not attached but looks like it was).

from reverse switch 2 pink wires, 2 yellow wires, grey wire (not connected, but looks like it should be and was) and white wire.

The black main wire goes to a pull switch that has these markings on it 1 2 3 L the main power is in the 2 spot and there are no other wires connected to it.

It looks like the pink & yellow are polarity for the reverse switch, easy (they're connected) the white is ground or neutral(ok, good) but WTF is the gray wire?

The switch obviously needs another connection, but I can't figure it out!!

Anyone with a diagram or inside knowledge would be most helpful.
I would be very appreciative!!!

Please call me any time tonite or early tomorrow if you can.
317 557 1257

I can call you back if long distance is a problem!!
I won't be able to check the board for a while so a phone call is necessary!

thanks, going crazy here!
Pnambic
Its prolly too late, but I tried looking it up. Though without the model number, I don't know what manual to look at. I looked through a number of them at their website, but didn't see any mention of a gray wire. I can probably have an answer for you tomorrow night after conferring with my Electrical Engineer father-in-law who I'll be visiting tomorrow. Let me know if you're still working on it.
confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Twist all the wires together, flip the switch, after the fire her insurance company can hire her a contractor to fix the damage and install all new lights and fans. Then they can sue you for the fire. Hows that for being a nice guy. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Hey, it's late, I'm just fun'n ya.. wavey.gif
seanery
thanks for the tries guys.

I couldn't find anything anywhere and ended up having to call hunter.
they emailed a diagram to me. Her fan was rewired, but I was able to
decipher what was done and wire accordingly.

Hunter technical service is first class by the way. That'll go a long way
when it comes time for my next fan purchase.
Pnambic
Kewl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.