Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OR PCA AX Championship Finale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Rough_Rider
This past weekend the final round of AX for Oregon PCA turned into an un-expected championship decider.

The race co-ordinators decided to tally up prior events.

Modified Class
Smith, Britain 110
Chapman, Gary 109
West, Chuck 99
Stein, JP 89
Turner-Rice, Trevor 49
Chambers, Jim 38
Nieslony, Steve 20
Kotzian, Tom 20
Hunt, David 16
Hunt, Gerry 10
Bromley, Lon 5
Sease, Joy 5
Clinkinbeard, Don 4
Holzinger, Bob 4
Chenoweth, Andy 3

Now we wait to hear the outcome.........
From my vantage spot Gary ran a 53.5, didn't hear on young Britt.
Britain Smith
Ah, bet the suspense is killing you. I pulled out a 52.6 on my 4th run and backed it up with a 52.7 on my 5th. Therefore, according to my calculation I believe that I topped the list. I bet that put a smile on the face of the owner of that awesome car (i.e. JP).

-Britain
Rough_Rider
Brilliant, Congrats Britain. TTOD is a beautiful way to finish. Is this your 1st championship?

I guess these would be the un-official results

1st Britain 130
2nd Gary 125
3rd Chuck 113
drgchapman
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 23 2006, 10:41 AM) *

Ah, bet the suspense is killing you. I pulled out a 52.6 on my 4th run and backed it up with a 52.7 on my 5th. Therefore, according to my calculation I believe that I topped the list. I bet that put a smile on the face of the owner of that awesome car (i.e. JP).

-Britain

That's right! Nice driving Brit.

53.5...... good enough for second place for the day and the championship.

Michael Shumacher had the same kind of weekend. I'll be OK. biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
I don't think I had TTOD for the event, that damn A-mod Formula SAE car go me and I think one of those darn Subi's squeaked in there.

-Britain
Britain Smith
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Oct 23 2006, 11:08 AM) *

-Britain

Funny thing is, I was all prepared to see you win it from me after your impressive improvement in the last few events. It also didn't help to see you pull in a 53.5 after I had three runs in the 54.5+ range. However, that 52.6 was beautiful.

-Britain
drgchapman
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Oct 23 2006, 11:08 AM) *

-Britain

Yeah, The A-mod had TTOD and Otis(Subi) had the #2 spot.

Fun day yesterday! biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
See.. all that NorCal AutoX stuff paid off driving the little 1.7!!! LOL

Congrats Britain clap56.gif

You done good!

Congrats also to Gary!! narrow body car almost spanking the purpose built car!! Somebody is figuring out how to drive that power.

Good job everyone. Glad to see people out in their 914's

B
grantsfo
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 25 2006, 04:08 PM) *

See.. all that NorCal AutoX stuff paid off driving the little 1.7!!! LOL

Congrats Britain clap56.gif

You done good!

Congrats also to Gary!! narrow body car almost spanking the purpose built car!! Somebody is figuring out how to drive that power.

Good job everyone. Glad to see people out in their 914's

B

Yeah we had to send some of our "talent" North to make sure we keep those Portland Metro folk honest. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. I brought him from Texas!!! when I lived up north!!

B

J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 25 2006, 04:52 PM) *

Ha ha.. I brought him from Texas!!! when I lived up north!!

B

Brit has some driving talent, but he'd still be sucking hind tit with
that 1.7 biggrin.gif I won that trophy a couple years ago but I've been gettin' slower ever since. mad.gif

A few AXs back, I brought in a ringer to show him how fast the car would go.....tho the fella only had 5-6 passes in it total. Looks like Brit was paying attention, but them Subis still need their asses kicked.

BTW, Brad, I *almost* have him cured of asking "why?". A total cure is hopeless laugh.gif
Rough_Rider
Your cars not slower JP, nore are you.... Although that finger lightening doesn't help.

Your competitors are getitng faster either through cash outlay Or experience. IMHO you need new tires & an LSD.
Brad Roberts
Did I miss a thread on the finger lightening? Did I miss any pics? Britain told me that JP was trying to lose weight. I told Britain the last time I saw JP he couldnt afford to lose any weight alfred.gif

If JP smoked Marlboro's and they accepted the Marlboro dollars for tires.. he would be ALL SET!!

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.