Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking about building an engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrKona
Hello fellow 914ers. For starters, I finally got my engine started! mueba.gif My neighbor (who happens to be a licensed electrician) and I figured out that my tach wire is acting as a ground, and was grounding out my coil. Remove the wire and the car starts right up! Damn electrical gremlins. Now I just need to trace that wire and find out where the problem is.

But with a long, rainy, Oregon winter looming, I'm thinking of winter projects. I have a 1974 1.8 with L-jet. If I build up a stock 2.0 this winter, would I still be able to use my L-jet, or would I need to find a 2.0 FI system to support the engine? Not set on the idea, but just mulling it over in my mind... idea.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(MrKona @ Oct 23 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Hello fellow 914ers. For starters, I finally got my engine started! mueba.gif My neighbor (who happens to be a licensed electrician) and I figured out that my tach wire is acting as a ground, and was grounding out my coil. Remove the wire and the car starts right up! Damn electrical gremlins. Now I just need to trace that wire and find out where the problem is.

But with a long, rainy, Oregon winter looming, I'm thinking of winter projects. I have a 1974 1.8 with L-jet. If I build up a stock 2.0 this winter, would I still be able to use my L-jet, or would I need to find a 2.0 FI system to support the engine? Not set on the idea, but just mulling it over in my mind... idea.gif

I've installed the 1.8 L-jet on both a 1911 (1.8 rotating assembly with 96mm cylinders) and on a true 2.0 motor, both ran fine...
Bleyseng
Yes the Ljet will work fine with tuning (adjusting the AFM).

Order a Raby 2056 engine kit w/ a 9550 cam and get in the 115hp range before he quits making em. Thats up a few from your 76hp.

Cheap at price.
bd1308
I am using a VW 2.0 bus L-jet system from a 79 bus and tuned it to work with my 1.7

blink.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 23 2006, 04:21 PM) *

I am using a VW 2.0 bus L-jet system from a 79 bus and tuned it to work with my 1.7

blink.gif

Some people just have to be different. alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.