Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Con-Man in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
This was posted a couple weeks back but we pulled it while the Postmaster, PayPal and the FBI investigated. That's about wrapped up and we feel we should inform the 914club community of this person so no one else gets ripped off.

So far, both Craig and I fell victim to an semi-elaborate scam that involved mail fraud and identity fraud (not theft... so far). Craig sent him a pair of Euro Front lenses. I got scammed on a complete set of Pro-Arms. This is a bolt-on rear 5-lug conversion with Elephant Racing bushings. I'm also out another set of control arm cores... this makes 3 sets that have been ripped off!! headbang.gif

All tolled we're out over $1,000.00

This is the con-man:

Yevgeniy (Pronounced "Vagina" - Goes by Eugene) Belyarchik
yevgeniy.belyarchik@gmail.com
Tel: 951-236-2709

He has other aliases as well but most seem to be centered around this name.

This is his scam:

He has come to know Carl Payne of Victorville (drdstny on the board). Possibly through a car sale or various parts sales etc. He set up credit cards and PayPal accounts using Carl’s address. He was even able to get a confirmed address in PayPal as Carl's address. Carl now has a stack of mail from this guy that has been handed over to the FBI.

The items get shipped to Carl's house and while Carl is away at work, Eugene comes and picks the packages out of his mailbox or off his front porch. He specifies 2nd Day Air so he knows exactly when to pick the item up (he's not paying so... who cares!) Two weeks past the order date he files a reversal on his PayPal account. PayPal wants all the info and the UPS tracking number. UPS tracks the package to the front porch but... no signature. Eugene knows this and wins that round. PayPal is currently cooperating with the FBI on banking issues. He will lose shortly.

So gang... here's what we know on our end:

He knows Carl but Carl doesn't specifically know him.
He either lives in or around Victorville or works in or around Victorville.
UPS is looking into a lead that he may actually work for them...
The cell phone which is never answered is a Riverside number. He may live there and work in VV (you're welcome to call him and let him know what you think of people that rip off fellow teeners)

If you know of any 914's out there with a new 5-lug suspension and new front Euro lenses, say hello for Craig and I. ar15.gif

And yes Eugene, we know you lurk on the site... enjoy your stolen merchandise. Sleep well.
Aaron Cox
piece of shit....
Dr Evil
Pecker head scammed me as well! Carl contacted me as he actually did order some bolts and Eugene reversed the charges. Carl said that he would make good on the bolts with a check, but his email is invalid and I have no way to contact him. So far the communication is one way so if anyone knows Carl let him know I am trying to contact him (he is not the scammer, he just changed his email).

Sorry to hear that you guys got pinched for so much. Carl told me that he sold a lap top to a guy and that the guy found some info on the lap top that allowed him access to his existing paypal account. SOB!
rhodyguy
since i don't have a paypal account, don't you need to have a valid credit card? if so, wouldn't the cc co need to have a valid address. someone has to send the bills or transfer the money somewhere... i hope the all encompassing conspirosy factor, falls like a ton of bricks.

k
Eric_Shea
He set up credit cards and PayPal accounts using Carl’s address. He was even able to get a confirmed address in PayPal as Carl's address.

Dr Evil
Talk about irony, I just got the check in the mail from Carl. No need to tell him I am looking for him, he knew.
The guy seemed to have accessed Carls actual PP acount as Carl payed me with it, Carl recieved the goods, and then this Eugene dirt bag reversed the charges.
Gint
What a dick...
Brad Roberts
Pretty elaborate scam for 914 parts. I wonder what else he has done.

I wonder if he did this with a badge? This feels familiar.. like we had a problem.

B
JWest
Interesting. I sold a shifter Carl. A month later the charges were reversed. I called Carl on his cell and he was out of town driving home, but contacted me once he was back and said he would send me a money order to make good. I think this was the first Carl had heard about it - he was worried about some laptop sales, and said he would be having to pay a bunch of people back if his suspicions were true..

In the meantime Paypal honored my seller protection and took the hold off the money, so I told Carl not to send anything. Things seemed to have worked out OK for me without all the hassles - sorry to hear you guys got on the wrong side of this deal.

EDIT - just to be crystal clear - Carl has seems to be a very standup guy through what I have seen!
SLITS
Let's go visit the guy that Carl sold his laptop to........

And I do believe that Carl's car was sold to Rubberboy who gave it to his dad ....
Dr Evil
Paypal didnt protect me even after I sent them the emails regarding the transaction. They still ended up reversing the charge a few weeks later (5 days to resolve, my ass). At least he got me a check so I cant bitch biggrin.gif
jimtab
somebody git a rope....
Brad Roberts
This did happen to the club, and Carl said he would send us a check also. Not sure If I got one or not. I'll have to check the excel sheet I have everyones name on. I did get a check out of the mail last night, but didnt open it to see who it was.

B
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 24 2006, 04:32 PM) *

What a dick...

I thought it was Vigina..... I am confused again.

Now I know that you fellas are pissed ar15.gif and you would like to see

him disapear sawzall-smiley.gif but this is a fellow human being stromberg.gif and we

should show some tolerance hanged.gif . Even if he is the lowest form of scum

shouldn't he be whip[1].gif forgivin.
SLITS
We will forgive him and turn the other cheek shortly after we break his legs.
JPB
agree.gif But with a condition which would involve being air tight for an extended period of time fromall injured parties.
Brad Roberts
It was a check from Carl clap56.gif Now I wish we had a badge to send him sad.gif

Sounds like a stand up guy who is getting trashed. This sucks for him.

B
TROJANMAN
carl payne is a good man beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 24 2006, 09:17 PM) *

We will forgive him and turn the other cheek shortly after we break his legs.

I can help youz guyz out. Know some dudz in South Philly - real good with a baseball bat! You get 'em from the front & back at the same time & they're knees somehow ain't never the same again!

Sounds about right for scum like this.
sixnotfour
Is this the 906 rep.,not many around. white with blue stripe, was also on ebay.
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/sho...ead.php?t=12338
drdstny
Fogret it, guys, don't know what I was thinking. Must have been the margaritas talking. See you at Glenn's.

No, that's not him, never seen him before, forget it.
Carl_Payne
YOU'RE A FUCKING DEAD MAN! You're also dumb as a bag of hammers! Did you think I'd post something that long and not keep a copy? How stupid could you be--you just CONFIRMED what we said and what you look like!

Here's the original post this THIEF deleted pretending to be ME:

Guys, I just wanted to add a couple clarifications and some more info.

First of all, Brad, I did get a badge, so we are totally cool.
I got the bolts from Dr. Evil.
I got the Rennshift and even posted a review the Saturday after I got it.
I also bought a $750 Audi Quattro in Arizona. Those 4 purchases were made off the laptop sale.

The FIRST I heard of this was when James called me ('cuz Paypal has the phone number of the buyer). I was MORTIFIED. Absolutely blown away. As soon as I got home, checked my Paypal account, found that all 4 of the purchases had unwound, found out why, then sent Dr. Evil an email saying "my payment might get reversed, if it does, tell me and I'll make good." I had no idea who to contact at the club, so I had to wait until Mikez contacted me asking WTF. Sent both guys a check (as said).

However, this Vagina Eugina Yevgina didn't use my Paypal account, he has his own.

Also, the laptop incident is totally unrelated. I sold a laptop, the buyer paid with Paypal then unwound the $2100 saying they never got it. I lose because I'm too stupid to not have gotten a tracking number.

ALSO, and this is pretty important, the laptop was new in a sealed box. The confusion is because the laptop stupididty is recent. We are pretty damn sure the Eugene bullcrap has been going on a WHILE and is also recent.

Here's some more info about Eugene:

He likes Lowe's in Victorville. He drives a gray 914 with riveted-on fender flares. he MAY also own a 908 replica who visited the cruise at Farmer Boys on Thursdays. My wife has seen him on Amethyst St, close to our house, I've seen him on Pacoima St, very close to our house. He was one of the guys who came to look at the black car I sold to trojanman, he got a great look at my garage, knows I have a 914, knows I got it off this board, knows I sold a 914 to Tony Long and knows all this because I was STUPID enough to be friendly and drop a couple names to try and support my assertations that the black car was pretty rust free. The 914 world is too intimate to treat everyone suspiciously at first glance.

There's a very good chance he also has a white crew cab Dodge Ram pickup. There's a slight chance he works in construction and therefore is often in my (new) neighborhood. He has paypal, he has Paypal Buyer Credit (unknown limits). Of the mail I'd collected, NONE of it was junk mail, NONE of it was sales, ALL of it looked like credit card bills out of Delaware or South Dakota. Also, and this is important, there are about 6 different spellings for his name. Eugene, Yeugene, Yevgeniy, Yevgheny Yeugeniy and Belyarchik, Belarchik, Belyarcnik, Belyarchnik and probably a couple others. HE ALSO USES A DBA OF K&M AUTO and may be related to a Myra Trujillo, because we get mail for them too. Myra may in fact be the M of K&M.

I won't comment on the stuff that is pure speculation, like what boards he's on, who else he knows or whatnot, what his UID is, if he has "other" access, but there's one fact that absolutely cannot be ignored:

THERE'S NO WAY THIS ELABORATE A SCHEME WAS FOR ONLY $1,000 WORTH OF PARTS. No way. I feel it in my bones this is a long-standing scam, a very elaborate way to just receive packages at will. I'm personally not convinced it's Porsche parts only, for all I know it's Crutchfield and Outlook.com and, hell, realdololl.com packages.

We've all 3 talked with law enforcement, Paypal and even UPS, who sent a guy out to my house with an affidavit after. There's a lot going on even still.

Now, I have provided Craig and Eric with more information about me than a mortgage application, all in good faith, all without them asking for it. To the club, I gladly offer this: my home is open to you. Feel free to come by, any time, unannounced, take a look around, chew the fat, watch the game, help my oldest and me pull an engine--whatever you want to do. This hurts my credibility WAY WORSE than if I'd just outright shafted someone, and I want to cooperate with anyone who feels the need to play Columbo.

I will make good on ANYthing I've bought with Paypal that has unwound. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do if Eugene bought it.

Please check your shipping addresses, see if you've sold to him at *ANY* address, and keep us informed.

Also, here are some tips for selling with Paypal:

--Ship ONLY to the confirmed address. This wouldn't have mattered since Eugene's confirmed address was MY address, but still...
--Get a tracking number.
--Insist on delivery confirmation with a signature

I cannot express how significant this issue is with me, and if you have any imagination you can imagine the ramifications.
Carl_Payne
Admins, it is IMPERATIVE that you delete my old account "drdstny" because it has obviously been compromised. Who do I send this request to? This needs to happen ASAP.

Also, for the tech-savvy admins of 914world.com, you can find out the IP address of the person who posted that last post by "drdstny" and also the IP address of the person who deleted my original. If you're using MySQL, the command would be SIMILAR to:

# mysql
>use 914club;
Database changed
>select ipaddress from users (or whatever the table name is) where postid=(whatever the post ID is of drdstny's last post);
1 Row...blah blah blah...
> select ipaddress from users where postuid (or whatever)=drdstny sorted by date;

If you need help, I would GLADLY do so. Finiding out where this guy posted from is the penultimate nail in his coffin.
Carl_Payne
You're screwed, Eugene. I'm five minutes away from wherever you are, and you'd better hope you can run faster scared than I can mad.

Mike: that's him. That's the car I saw at the Farmer Boys that is damn near at the end of his street.
Dr Evil
Wow, things are getting wierd blink.gif

How do we know the real Carl? Has the guy that has been PMing me been him, you, er, not Eugene?
Dr Evil
Ah, that was the post that was not you. How interesting.
Well, here is the dirt bag then!
TROJANMAN
Holy Dr. Jekl Batman!
Dr Evil
Dude, Carl. It is making a little more sence now. I read the long post you wrote when you posted it. I did not realize that "he" deleted it and replaced it with the whole "forget it guys" thing. I did see the post, it was the one you just reposted.

WTF is going on here? Contact Brad Roberts or Sir Andy for IT type of help. I woudl get the cops and go looking for my stuff. And, it is not like we have a bunch of members living up in the area wiht questionable pasts or anything.
Carl_Payne
I can't even SEE STRAIGHT I'm so pissed!

Anyway, the purpose of THIS post is to correct a correction I made. I need to oversimplify because I am all charged up and ready to jet.

There are two seperate Paypal issues. I am fairly sure they are unrelated.

One has to do with me, my account, my Paypal, and my purchases. I found out about this when my Rennshift payment got reversed. That incident has all been taken care of, nobody's out money except me.

The other has to do with this DICKHEAD Eugene Yevgeny Belarchik whatthefuckever. We'll be calling him Dickmo from now on. We don't know how long this has been going on, but we know Craig and Eric both got ripped off. It would have kept happening, except Eric posted to the list asking for help in Victorville. When I volunteered to help, Eric gave me "Eugene's" address, and it was MY GODDAMN ADDRESS.

I called the cops, Eric called the cops, we are all over this thing in a big, BIG way. We're going to be all over it in a BIGGER way when I turn over this license plate and photo.

It would not at all be a good wellness exercise for Eugene to come anywhere near my house. That I can PROMISE.
Dr Evil
Deep breaths man. He gets to stew now.....and wait for the inevitable. Way, way, way too much evedence behind the scenes. Way too many police orginaizations involved. All that is left is to wrap this up with a little bow and to deliver it to the cops so they can do the right thing. IIRC, for $20 you can search a license plate at the DMV in CA. That way you know where to send the police and the subpoenas wink.gif
Twystd1
You guys ain't gunna believe this.

The picture of the guy next to the 905 looks a lot like Stromberg.

If this guy is about 6'3'.... it might be him.

Ya just never know.

Clayton
Eric_Shea
***UPDATE***

Got this from Belyarchik Yevgeniy today:

Hello,
Today I googled my name and I came across this post

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...p;mode=threaded

I was shocked, that my name was ivolved in such a bad scam. Let me tell you what really happened. Carl Payne bought a car from me. Carl Payne was unemployed at that time, and lived in Victorville. Inside of the car, Carl found my personal information. Six month later Carl Payne was able to obtain over $15000 in credit using my name and my Social Security Number.
My real name is Belyarchik Yevgeniy (it doesnt sound Vagina)
I also notified FBI and LAPD. Carl Payne was very smart he said that he was a victim of Fraud too. You can reach me at westmotors777@xxx.net. I am not member of this board and never was. So I wasnt able to scam anybody on this board. I would appriciate if you will immediatly remove your post.
Eugene.

FYI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.