Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay Breakfast - 11/18/2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, it's time to have another Tampa Bay breakfast..... This will be our Toys-for-Tots meet. Please bring a new gift, unwrapped. Last year we collected 8 toys, let's see if we can do better this year....

Offical time is Sat, Nov. 18 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Please let me know the names in your party....

Attendees:
Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
Doug (ein_6er)
Robin (PORobinSCHE)
Steve (smg914)
Brett (iiibdsiil)
Glen and Jackie (greyhound)
Ed (fat93)
Adam and Jill (3liter914-6)

-- Rob
ein 6er
i'll try to make this one.

rob, were you at the lakeland car show?

bob's car ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PORobinSCHE
I'll be there ! bringing toys and parts thumb3d.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Oct 24 2006, 09:20 PM) *

i'll try to make this one.

rob, were you at the lakeland car show?

bob's car ...

Yea, Robin and I went, but we didn't stay too long, too damn hot.

We met up with Rob Quarles and his wife. We had lunch there, then we met back up for dinner that night. After dinner, Rob and Nel drove straight back home to TN....

Bob's car looks great, sorry we missed everyone else... sad.gif

-- Rob
URY914
Sorry can't make it.
Family first.
Rouser
No can go too ...
smg914
Hey Rob,

November 18th is the final match of the season for the USTA tennis team I play on. So for now I can't commit to the breakfast. Our team is currently in third place but only behind the leading team by 2 points. If we are out of contention by the 18th then I can justfy missing the match.

As always, thanks for organizing the gettogether.

watsonrx13
Paul and Roy, sorry you can't make it....

Steve I'll put you down as tentative....

-- Rob
carr914
I'm out for this one. I either have to go to Road Atlanta to work for Skip Barber or Sebring for PCA DE Instructor day.

T.C.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 25 2006, 07:33 AM) *

I'm out for this one. I either have to go to Road Atlanta to work for Skip Barber or Sebring for PCA DE Instructor day.

T.C.

TC, sorry also that you can't make it, hope things are going better for you....

-- Rob
carr914
Things are OK. As sad as it may sound my GTR looks like it's goin to England, but I was given a 914 that Rob Quarles already wants to take off my hands. I have to see if it's saveable, but I need to get it home to see. Plus I need to get to work on my Carrera RS. You guys know it's going to be hard to get rid of me.

All The Best, T.C.
Al Meredith
Rob and All, Damn! My wife and I will be coming to Tampa Bay area for Thankgiving. Mother in Law and Sister in Law are in the Area. We will probably not get in untill Sat evening ....maybe even Sunday. Sorry we will miss your breakfast. We'll stop at a Cracker Barrel along the way and toast an iced tea to youall. We will probably stop in Valdosta, Ga to see "Grasshopper" and his Dad.

Maybe next year, Al
fat73

I'll would be there but it looks like I'm ...maybe...gonna be in Asheville NC that weekend. Darnit..... Sounds like a slim crowd so far....any way to reschedule?

Ed aka W9R1
watsonrx13
QUOTE(fat73 @ Oct 25 2006, 09:19 PM) *

I'll would be there but it looks like I'm ...maybe...gonna be in Asheville NC that weekend. Darnit..... Sounds like a slim crowd so far....any way to reschedule?

Ed aka W9R1

Ed, I'm not going to reschedule, but I'll probably arrange another TBB in Dec, say Saturday the 9th....

-- Rob
watsonrx13
3 week icon_bump.gif

-- Rob
watsonrx13
2 week icon_bump.gif

-- Rob
fat73
Looks like I'll probably make it afterall, but it's gonna be a busy day. got a Sport Compact Car shoot sometime during the day, and a Florida German Show Sat night.

Ed aka w9r1 look for www.w9r1.com coming soon
URY914
Ed, where is the German Car show?
fat73
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:32 PM) *

Info is at:

http://www.floridagerman.com/

Ed aka W9R1
URY914
QUOTE(fat73 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:32 PM) *

Info is at:

http://www.floridagerman.com/

Ed aka W9R1

Great! Another forum to join.... sad.gif

Thanks,
Paul
watsonrx13
Mid-week icon_bump.gif

-- Rob
carr914
Free icon_bump.gif Hope you guys and girls have an enjoyable TBB. I will be at Sebring, probably on track as you are meeting up. Plus for the 1st time since 1991 I don't have a teener unsure.gif

T.C.
watsonrx13
1 day icon_bump.gif

See everyone tomorrow.... chowtime.gif

T.C., have a great time at Sebring....

-- Rob
martinef1963
Greetings to all. I live in Miami and have a 1972 914-4 (smoking these days). I can't make this BF meeting, however, would like to make one of these soon.

Is there a mailing list, e-mail list, web page that one can keep track of? There are others in the area that would be interested.

regards,

Fernando
watsonrx13
Fernando, welcome. I always start a new post here, with the title Tampa Bay Breakfast - date. I also give at least a month's notice so that people can make plans. If you send me an e-mail or PM through this BBS I'll add you to my e-mailing list, which I send the same time I create this post. If you have others that are interested, send me their addy, along with their names and BBS names....

-- Rob
URY914
Rob,

There is a green 914 parked at the Clarion hotel on Fowler and 30th street. Owner must work there as my wife has seen it several times. I'll leave my card on it.

Paul

3liter914-6
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 18 2006, 07:28 AM) *

Rob,

There is a green 914 parked at the Clarion hotel on Fowler and 30th street. Owner must work there as my wife has seen it several times. I'll leave my card on it.

Paul

I'll have to go check that out, since it's right down the street.

I was passed yesterday on 275@ the East-West expy (I think that's what it's called) by a really nice looking yellow 'teener. IIRC it's Rouser's car? I wanted to give chase, but it was taking the offramp, and I was stuck in traffic taking Jill to the Cheesecake Factory for her B-day.

Thanks Rob for organizing the breakfasts. It was a lot of fun meeting the local 914 fellas (and ladies). I've always told Jill that 914 peoples are good peoples, but she was really impressed by how nice and friendly everyone was. She's never met a group of car guys as nice as the Tampa 914 crew.

Nice meeting everyone!

Adam
watsonrx13
Adam and Jill, it was a pleasure meeting both of you. Thanks for the compliments...

BTW, I don't think the yellow teener was Rouser's, his is red and he has sold it to Paul...

If you track down the owner of the green one, post the info and any pics...

I'll post some pics as soon as I can get them downloaded...

It was great to see everyone again and I'll be posting about the get together to drive down to Sebring....

-- Rob
ein 6er
nice to have seen everyone!!

Click to view attachment

steve's lotus!!

Click to view attachment

watsonrx13
Thanks again everyone for attending another TBB...

Here's another shot of everyone standing around Steve's Europa.

Click to view attachment

Here's a shot of everyone at breakfast. Starting from the left, there's Jill and Adam. Adam lives in PA, but comes down once a month to visit his girl friend Jill.
Next is Ed and his friend Mike. Mike has assisted Ed with all the conversion of his current car. Next is Bob, Doug, Glen Steve and myself.

Click to view attachment

ein 6er
so we are standing around BSing, and this guy drives up and showes us a club Tee!!! who was this guy?!? it was none other that AL Meredith and wife from georgia!!! nice to have met you guys!! wish we could have talked longer!!

Click to view attachment

i think these guys were trying to get the squirrel back into the cage!! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

and heading home, i tried to blow bob's door off when he took his exit, but i don't think he was impressed!!! burnout.gif

Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
Finally, here's a shot of the gifts that everyone brought from the Toys-4-Tots program...

Click to view attachment

Here's another shot of the gifts, cars only. One of these gifts, was donated by Ian. Ian is currently stationed in Iraq and couldn't make it, but he was able to contribute.
Ian, stay safe and we look forward to having you come home and join us for another TBB. I want to thank everyone for their participation in the breakfast and the gift giving.

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
carr914
Looks likes you had a good turnout and good times. Sorry I missed this one. I'll see everyone soon. And pictures don't do justice for Steve's Europa. I saw it Friday and it has WOW factor all over it. And it really hasn't "Gaglioned" as Janie likes to call he overzealous treatment of his cars.

All The Best, T.C.
Qarl
Glad the Lotus brand was representing... maybe next time I can bring either. Right now neither the 914 or the Elise is drivable... sad.gif
carr914
Q, I thought the Elise was totalled
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.