Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much difference in Toe adjustment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I'm curious as to what type of Toe in/out is preferable front and rear for an AX car and for a track car. With my Spec car getting closer to being finished, the bits we put on it will allow for quick setups. I can truly have an AX setup and a Track setup.

I'm clueless on what is good and bad. I'm just used to mashing the gas pedal and left foot braking! (serious....just ask Randal... laugh.gif )

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Nobody likes you flipa.gif

Info to come.

It starts with toe out in the front and and toe in on the rear for AutoX.

Road racing will be toe in for the the front and less toe in on the rear.

The idea/thought is that the car will toe out under braking and you want it to go to zero so the car isnt squirrely under braking.

B
KenH
How much? till it feels right.

There are enough LPR runs on the same day/course to change it a little at at time to see the effect.

I know several who had marked the front tie-rods and set them for AX or set them for the track. One drove the car to AX and set the Toe-out and then re-set it to drive home.

Ken
Brad Roberts
Andrew Blyholder used to change his suspension settings from street to AutoX in his street 914. Camber change/Toe.. you name it. Watched him do it (didnt offer to help..lol)

B
nine14cats
It seems like the Tarett rear links make the rear easy to adjust. How about the front? Do I just play with the rear? (hmmm...that didn't come out the way I planned)... laugh.gif

What special tools do I need?

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.