Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Qvale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I dont know why but all of a sudden I see these little coupes. first a fast yellow one then in a couple os days a red one. I dont know what they are but they look very cool. then in a couple of days there is a silver one parked in the driveway a couple of blocks from my home. I stop to see what it is. Qvale is on the hood managusta is on the trunk. I look it up on google and find there were 263 of them built in 2000-2001 and I saw 3 of them i Temecula within 2 weeks. go figure
very nice with a shelby cobra ford v8 the must be very fast because the are no bigger than a 914.

Bernie
GeorgeRud
Unfortunately, lightning doesn't seem to strike twice. Qvale resurrected the name of my all time favorite, most beautiful car ever, the DeTomaso Mangusta, but went nowhere with selling any of the new ones. Same thing happened with the Lotus Elan (version 2) back in the nineties - nice car but not accepted by the market.
i love porsche
im sure theyre pretty fun to drive, and their top is really cool, coupe, targa or convertible...

but i dont think they come in manual...just tabshifting

wouldnt mind driving one though
bernbomb914
you mean they come with a automatic? all I read was 5 speed. nowI want to drive one aso
gfulcher
Actually, the Qvale sucks ass... I had opportunity to pilot one around the ford desert proving grounds in AZ years ago, when it was just about to hit the market... I used to produce Motor Trend Television for Speedvision, and in this particular test, the High Speed Shootout, the Qvale placed just ahead of the Firebird in all tests... It was a pig, handled poorly at best as compared to the others... not to mention, it's styling and ergonomics were a bit wonky (this, coming from someone who owns a 914 and a THING!)... If you see one for sale, keep walking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.