Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: neo914 assembly help needed all day Friday in San Jose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Scott got the chassis painted in record time, it will be here in a couple of hours! biggrin.gif boldblue.gif I will be up late for the custom stuff and working on it all day Friday and some of Sat AM.

No "Cal Trans" workers, we have lots to do. laugh.gif

sorry no pics, camera is broken, phone camera is poor quality... screwy.gif
Brad Roberts
Please help Felix. He is a good person with some WILD idea's when it comes to 914's. I have dealt with him for several years now. If I was closer, I'd be there helping him get his car assembled. He has taken on a great task with this car.

Good luck Felix.

B
nomore9one4
I wish I was closer. I would help for sure. I can't wait to see it. If it looks anything like the sketch I am already amazed. Good luck Felix! burnout.gif
carreraguy
Hey Felix -
I'm not great with a wrench but will be glad to help if you can use me tomorrow afternoon. Let me know.
Tom
John Kelly
Wish I could be there Felix.

By the way, who is the happy guy in Brad's avatar? Nice picture Brad!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
SirAndy
i'm close enough, but fridays are always "real work" days for me. sad.gif

now, if it were saturday or sunday ...
idea.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
Come on... got to be a few people willing to help out here!!

John,

she is grabbing my ass in that pic.. it made me smile..LOL

B
nocones
Felix,

If you still need extra hands I could ride down after work this evening.
I could be in San Jose by 6pm latest.
Let me know if I can help, it'd be my pleasure.
neo914-6
Tom and Michael,

Swing by if you can but it a tight work area and I haven't showered in a day or two laugh.gif screwy.gif

An hour or a few hours, your choice. Michael, I can't put you up in our little place and my step son is "temporarily" living with us in the living room. I may have to stay up late and leave late Sat with no time to spare. It's will take a catastrophe to prevent me making the show.

I need to do the fab'd designed stuff personally but the seals still need to be installed as well as most of the interior. Lots to clean and yes, the engine bay is not presentable so it will remain closed as well as the hood and lid. There's more sealing fab, intercooler plumbing, and brackets to weld in before a final paint or coating. This was never intended to be a clean car and I expect iterations before it's "right".

Jason and Chris Julian, the conversion experts are stopping by ~6PM. I'm leaving the auto spoiler to these engineers. I hate to admit I blew a motor in a hasty test installation but now have replacements.

Richard is leaving Yeaman's with the newly painted hood and Scott will have the top at his place in Sunnyvale. Man I'm relieved he got that late piece done, I couldn't find anyone local to loan a "clean" stock or Saratoga top.

It's all coming together. Sorry no progress pics, maybe someone with a decent camera will show up...
nocones
Felix,

No need to put me up. I've got friends in the area I can stay with if you think you'll need additional help in the AM.
Let me know and I'll head South after work (~4:30). It'll take me around an hour and a half to get there depending on where you are.
PM the address and phone #.
If of course you have your workspace filled with helpers then I'll stay put, but I'm happy to come help if needed.
Brad Roberts
Jason and Chris Julian, the conversion experts are stopping by ~6PM

Ha ha.. does Jason have a running conversion? I know ChrisJ has one.. I drove it.

B
nocones
Well, since I haven't heard back with an address I'll be staying up North here tonight. Not sure if you've got enough hands, or are just too busy working on the car to check here.
If you still need help tomorrow let me know and I'll be happy to ride down in the morning. I'll even bring my camera.
McMark
Too bad I didn't see this earlier. I have his address if you still need it Mike. I'll bet he will need a hand in the morning. PM coming your way...
nocones
Got your PM Mark.
Thanks!

neo914-6
Sorry I missed you Michael, it's been hectic. Yep, lots to do but I need to decide what doesn't make the cut...

Richard may bring the top from Scott's. Many seals are still out but got most of the interior in and we need to get the car on the trailer. The glass will be installed 10ish.... I pick up the truck in the AM and plan to leave after lunch.
EagleGT
If anybody has an idea where this car will be located at SEMA, I would appreciate a booth location or outside location with point of reference. Thanks.
neo914-6
evidence of the madness from Tom Trudell (carreraguy):

Jon Watts and Jason (Silverbullet) installing the front hood. Both postponed evening plans to help clap56.gif

Me, Chris Julian, and Tom. Not shown is John Clarke who got lights and food clap56.gif

Adjusting and rewiring the spoiler LATE at night. Big props to Chris for keeping me focused at my only moment of doubt completing the assembly. smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(EagleGT @ Oct 28 2006, 04:38 AM) *

If anybody has an idea where this car will be located at SEMA, I would appreciate a booth location or outside location with point of reference. Thanks.

Clay,

Hope you were able to see it, it was in a central location outside the registration tent. I didn't know until late Sunday after waiting ~7 hours!

McMark
IPB Image

Chris looks tired. lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.