Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: instrument lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
as in out. worked, then didn't. reosat doesn't have any effect. everything else seems to work. is there a fuse that controls this?

kevin
SirAndy
yes, there is a fuse. forgot which one tho ...

oh, and if you have a middle-console, check the square heater light.
the contacts there are less than a mm apart and have caused blown fuses for the gauges in the past.

Andy
rhodyguy
thanks andy. i had to remove the switch/carpet to adj the shifter. i'll check that asap. i love wub.gif these simple fixit answers. as stated before, "this bb rocks". what do you think a dealership would charge for this stuff?

kevin
"allways forward, never straight"
DNHunt
Kevin

Had that experience. Wanted the dealer to work on something a couple years ago. They kinda laughed then a salesman came over and suggested I buy a new Boxster. His advice was it would probably cost less to keep it up. Thank God I'm doing all my own wrenching now.

Dave
JWest
Fuse #7. Check the license lights (same fuse). It's probably the heater light that shorted but you still need to replace the blown fuse.
rhodyguy
andy nailed it. the hot lead was a bit frayed an inch or so back. must have contact to the tunnel and popped the fuse, and yes james it was #7. thanks guys. the switch on the tunnel would have been the last place i would have looked. the old addage "what did you do last" was the obvious answer.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.