Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh, dum-de-dum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
J P Stein
I was lookin'
914forme
Deman 7R WTF.gif I googeled it and came up with nothing got a link JP?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 28 2006, 07:48 AM) *

I was lookin' at the Deman 7R.
14K for the complete wide body kit......then to evilbay &
S2000 engine trans 3500-5K.
Anybody wanna buy a 914?

JP, Don't give up. You just need some seat time and you will do better in the 914! biggrin.gif

Your friend Jim having any luck selling his taildragger? I am autocrossing the submarine tomorrow and doing a DE on the 12th...
914forme
Ah a lotus 7 Kit, keep the 914. We have a superformance model that runs here, it does better than I do, but then it is not Top dog.

JP you want to go faster, you need a true Mod car. Or shifter cart ( it is hard to teach an old dog the ropes of a shifter cart. BTDT)

BTW, my son wants to build a Locost. Looks like fun to me, and a good father son project a few years from now.

Deman Motorsports

On my search I also found:

Auto-x your own Bat mobile!

And Brammo wub.gif Ariel Atom!!!!

Enjoy the dream.
J P Stein

Lookin for something
914forme
I just priced out a tricked atom2 ~90Gs with all the bells and whistles, just way out of my price range which currently is like 5 bucks. biggrin.gif

If you are looking for a new toy to play with, I would suggest building a Locost, that should keep you tinkering for a good while. And allow you to toss as much cash into a black hole as you wish. biggrin.gif
J P Stein

Either way
914forme
Have you checked out this one?

stalker

GM parts, easy to find stuff, it is all good. And he is a SCCA Auto-xer.
Crazyhippy
I like the WCM version of the 7 the best...

WCM Ultralight and Ultrabusa

I will build one yet...

BJH biggrin.gif
Mike T
Lotus 7 Look alikes (LLA's) took most of the trophy positions in E-Modified at the 2006 SCCA Solo National Championships in Topeka this year. The Locost that finished in 2nd place was a D-Mod car with 300lbs of ballast to make weight. They ran the car in D-Mod too. Just kept swapping out the ballast, a big steel plate, bolted to the bottom of the car. It was powered by a Honda S2000 engine.

The Stalker should be a good choice for Solo II but one hasn't shown up yet.

One thing to note: Motorcycle engines are not legal in D-mod or E-mod Solo II competition.

Mike T
jhadler
QUOTE(Mike T @ Oct 30 2006, 04:50 AM) *

One thing to note: Motorcycle engines are not legal in D-mod or E-mod Solo II competition.

Mike T

Yeah, I was a little dissapointed when that rule was released. I always thought a wicked D-Mod car would have a 1000cc snomobile motor and CVT. Hey, it's what the A-Mod kids are using, it can't be all that bad right? biggrin.gif

-Josh2
jhadler
JP, what about a DSR?

I'd love a two seat Radical, but don't have anywhere near the budget for one...

-Josh2
drgchapman
That Demon is a cool looking car. Which engine would you go with? Nissan makes a sloid motor that can be tweeked to the nth degree. They are also prolly a little less $ than the suzuki monster mc engine, with more low end torque.
J P Stein
Ok,
jhadler
Okay JP, then take a drive up North to Fordhal's shop and have him build ye' a yeller version of his FP monster. Dilema resoved!... biggrin.gif

-Josh2
drgchapman
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 30 2006, 12:16 PM) *

Ok, no 7 replica for the following reasons:

I'm too old to learn sumthin' new.
I'm too old to go fast.
I'd have to switch websites & break in new mates....too old for that BS too.
I've a new plan fer the shitbox.....never too old for a new plan, eh?
Joe's the only one that expressed any interest in the shit box & Miss&sippi ain't ready for that combo. biggrin.gif

Onward

Back to our regularly scheduled programing. popcorn[1].gif
J P Stein
<!--
jhadler
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 30 2006, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(jhadler @ Oct 30 2006, 10:22 AM) *

JP, what about a DSR?

I'd love a two seat Radical, but don't have anywhere near the budget for one...

-Josh2

Karnak the Magnificent touches the envlope to his forehead....."1700", says he.
What was the question?
(Karnak was never wrong even when he was....that's why he was magnificent)

Karnak was missing a zero...

There's a great DSR for sale right now for $17k, and had I the money, I'd be hard pressed not to buy it...

http://tinyurl.com/y9466m

-Josh2
Rough_Rider

Jeeze your teasing us JP, so does this mean you back on the NARP bandwagon. Or are you going to try something wild?

BTW another option is re-body a single seater formula car. Its becoming quite popular in the SCCA rangs to take a Atlantic car & re-body it to race in their prototype class.
Or I know of a two seat radical than might be open to drives given the right financial backing.

Ohh & you can't turbo a 914 bs.gif
914forme
What JP will spend on a shifter cart.

JP tire bill for next year.

Or the number of CC's in JP new engine.

Round trip mileage to SD for Parade

Or an old Formula Ford, Super Vee in super bad shape.

Or planned budget for your Grassroots Motorsports Challenge Car.
J P Stein
<!--
wanabe
Glad to hear it DOD
JOE
Mike T
QUOTE(jhadler @ Oct 30 2006, 12:39 PM) *

Okay JP, then take a drive up North to Fordhal's shop and have him build ye' a yeller version of his FP monster. Dilema resoved!... biggrin.gif

-Josh2

At one time Fordahl had a pretty quick 914. Was the suspension still Macpherson struts in front and semi-trailing arms in back? Raised pickup points?

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.