Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 Trans ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I didnt win this but winning bidder flaked and I got a legit second chance offer to get this trans. Is this one any good? And is it some special limited use trans like he states? Anyone know about this series if so tell me I gotta let him know if I want it monday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=170040635191
Aaron Cox
yep its a 923 trans..

915 internals, with a 901 splined input shaft (will bolt up to a type 4 flywheel and uses that clutch)

only ~3000 912E's built...

how cheap is it in your offer?
BTW - you would have to flip the ring gear and cable shift it or wevo it for a 914 use
spare time toys
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 28 2006, 03:55 PM) *

yep its a 923 trans..

915 internals, with a 901 splined input shaft (will bolt up to a type 4 flywheel and uses that clutch)

only ~3000 912E's built...

how cheap is it in your offer?
BTW - you would have to flip the ring gear and cable shift it or wevo it for a 914 use

Purchased and shipped to me for less than $200 beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
well what are you going to do with it??

wevo i think is like 2k

+ you will need to flip ring gear for mid engine use
spare time toys
[quote name='Aaron Cox' date='Oct 28 2006, 04:07 PM' post='804946']
well what are you going to do with it?

I dont know confused24.gif but the price is good and I can make a cable shifter. The flip on a ring gear cant be that hard happy11.gif headbang.gif Its just one of those parts you have a hard time passing on you know like your wheel colection poke.gif
spare time toys
My total cost would be $180 Would you spend that for this or pass on it? confused24.gif
bondo
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 28 2006, 03:04 PM) *

My total cost would be $180 Would you spend that for this or pass on it? confused24.gif

If you don't I will! biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
[quote name='spare time toys' date='Oct 28 2006, 02:11 PM' post='804950']
[quote name='Aaron Cox' date='Oct 28 2006, 04:07 PM' post='804946']
well what are you going to do with it?

I dont know confused24.gif but the price is good and I can make a cable shifter. The flip on a ring gear cant be that hard happy11.gif headbang.gif Its just one of those parts you have a hard time passing on you know like your wheel colection poke.gif
[/quote]

Not that hard if you own the tools, which hardly ever come up for sale. A nice 911 cqan be had for less money than the tools, BTW. The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Get it man!!!! Dont wait. You can flip and stuff, no worries. I would be glad to help you with your technical questions.

The parts alone are worth the cost of admission.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.