Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would any of you be ticked off if.....part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschenut
You sold your car to a guy and saw it on ebay a week later with a buy it now 1200 over what he paid?
Only if he gets it!
Dr Evil
Nope, I wouldnt be mad at all. Someone just may have found a better market.
grasshopper
I dont see why... the owner sold it knowing good and well that the new owner could do what he pleased with it. The new owner has the right to as $5,000 over what he paid for it. It's unlikely that he will get it, but... he is still the owner and can do what he likes. POSTWHORE out!!>>>>>
Mr.C
Only if he advertised the gauges as used and they were actually new. biggrin.gif
GWN7
A buddy rebuilt a 70 GTO judge and he had a parts car that he used for missing pieces. A guy came by and bought it off him for $1000.....the next week he saw it on Ebay...it went for just over $1500 US At the time the $ difference was about 30% so the guy doubled his $$. He came back and asked if my buddy was interested in selling his car. He said mabey....$20K......comes to work and tells the story.....I look on Ebay and 70 GTO's are going for between 24-25K I told him I'd buy the car, sell it on Ebay and put the extra 7K in my pocket.....needless to say he hasn't sold it smile.gif
alpha434
Man. Sorry to say, but you get a cash kickback just for being smart.

I bought my 911 for $900, driveable. Sold the CDIS for $1050 to a guy who was trying to build an RSR replica. Now I've got the 2.2 engine scott free and I can make a profit on the whole rest of the car.

Now the guy who sold it to me just didn't want or have time to deal with it, I sincerely doubt he would hold it against me. I think he's too busy for begrudging too.

Meanwhile, if you were to have sold it specifically on the pretense (and NOT the assumption) that he planned to restore it, then I might be a little pissed.
Pat Garvey
Nope - no probelm! This is a classic example of free enterprise, or capitalism.

It's up to me to be smart/well versed enough in what I have to offer. I also need to know that most people are going to buy someting from with the purpose of making a profit (once again, free enterprise). They may use my part to enhance the total value of the car they have, or just "know" that they can get more for it - they are not always right. But, the concept allows them the possibilty for making a profit, if they've bought it correctly.

The key is to always know what you're selling/buying, and the market. However, the market you are accustomed to may not be the same as the market of you're buyer. West coast vs/ East coast thing, sometimes. Or, just fate.
TINCAN914
Unless there was a pre-purchase agreement, special circumstances. It's the new owners car, and they are free to do with it as they choose...
Heywood
I sold my 74 1.8 yesterday to a guy, I know is selling it for more$$$
He barely looked at it and never drove it, had me drive it up on to his trailer.
Says its going back to Germany???

Gint
Frankly, it's none of your business what the new owner does with the car after purchasing it from you. It's *his* car.
porschenut
I was a little ticked when I saw it at first. The guy claimed to want it as a track car and seemed really into having a nice 914. Every other porsche I have sold has stayed with the buyer and we keep in touch. They have a passion for their cars and treat them accordingly.
No I am not upset at all. I do feel sorry for the car though. It deserves better.
robby750
Who knows? Maybe the next owner will spend thousands restoring it.
porschenut
Bidding over, ended 1500 under what he paid for it.
Bleyseng
av-943.gif

so much for making a quick buck.
JPB
I bet you were happy as schmit when you sold it RIGHT?
Its only money bro.

beer.gif Got a fiver for a brother out of luck?
GWN7
Mabey he bought it, brought it home and his wife said "You bought a What????!!! (insert rest of sentence)

smile.gif
carr914
I'm ticked off you whiny bastards are still on the forum
SirAndy
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 29 2006, 08:50 AM) *

I bet you were happy as schmit

what does that mean?
confused24.gif Andy
Andyrew
I sold a luggage rack, riviera's and some other stuff to a guy for 100.
He turned around and sold the luggage rack for 120, the rivs for 150 and doubled whatever else he bought on ebay...

It was a swap meet, and I didnt want to carry it back..

Eh.. oh well.
Sammy
Unless he held a gun to your head at the time of sale or his check bounces, it's none of your business what he does with it after he buys it from you.
If you want to be pissed, be pissed at yourself for selling it too cheap.
Matt Meyer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 29 2006, 11:08 AM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 29 2006, 08:50 AM) *

I bet you were happy as schmit

what does that mean?
confused24.gif Andy

I owe you translations Andy....

Just means very happy. biggrin.gif

I think it is a "cleansed" "Happy as $hit". I have no idea why anyone would think $hit would be happy, but either mean very happy. confused24.gif
Mike D.
Is this the same group that raked a guy over the coals for marking up the price of parts in the classified section?
Jenny
Depends on the circumstances... like if you gave them a smokin' deal because they're a club member. I've had lots of people give me free parts, or heavily discounted parts, knowing it would help get my car back on the road. I suppose they would be pissed off to see said parts on ebay instead of on my silver teener. And rightfully so. I've given schtuff away to club members as well, with the understanding it's to help their car out, not to pad their pocketbook (or wallet, or pocket, or man-purse)

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.