:PERMAGRIN: Joe
VegasRacer
:This Thread Is Worthless Without Numbers:
Crazyhippy
867-5309
lagunero
He can't be more than 170lbs.
Crazyhippy
I'm guessing 1965 assuming a mostly full fuel tank...

BJH
JPB
Aaah sorry sir but your over weight and you'll have to leave the keys with me for a while. Please call a cab and we will get hold of you as soon as we can. We will impound it for an inspection later, hope she's stock for your sake sir.

beer.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'm guessing 1965 assuming a mostly full fuel tank...

negative.

Here are the numbers.....

with about 70% full gas tank

1889 lbs with no top!!!!!
1908 lbs with top on
2057 lbs with me inside, no top

Joe has pictures of the corner weights, but when I'm in the car its 100 lbs heavier on my side.

So I'm thrilled and kind of amazed that its under 1900 lbs.
Here's what I've done to the car...

Subaru conversion - with radiator in engein bay

Things removed - all the sound deadening tar and firewall insulating pad inside the cabin, stock shifter linkage and shifter, backpad inside the cabin (replaced with carpet), heater blower bow, vents/mechanisms, all the engine tin surround in engine bay

Also, I have fiberglass bumpers now, but metal hoods. I think with fiberglass hoods I could get down to almost 1850.

Before the conversion, the car weighed in at 2039 (with spare tire, tools, and top.)

Thansk again Joe and Linda!!!!!

-Tony
JoeSharp
And the pictures said
Click to view attachment
and of course with Tony
Click to view attachment
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Crazyhippy
so add 40lbs of gas, and i'm w/ in 25lbs... top on

That's awesome tony... congrats

BJH
Flat VW
Is a spare tire in your conversion weight too, Tony?

John
TonyAKAVW
Nope, no spare. I took out everything from the trunks for the 'autocross/race weight' of the car. In reality I'm probably going to stop carrying a spare and use either a pump and repair kit, or get a 911 collapsable spare once I get my 5-lug suspension installed.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.